PDA

View Full Version : brakes

shane
25-03-2007, 08:59 PM
hi help req i need the part no of the boot seal on the caliper the one that needs the high temp grease also i read that you can replace the studs that are in the hub is there a part no for these ? i sheared it off today these must be quite soft as i only used a cheap crappy spider from halfords thanks /Grrr /Grrr

shane

peter thomson
25-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I think you may have to buy a caliper repair kit to obtain the seals .Camskill stock them and the bolts.

shane
25-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I think you may have to buy a caliper repair kit to obtain the seals .Camskill stock them and the bolts.

cheers peter i will try them/thankyou /thankyou

Kieran
25-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah, Camskill's your best bet I think for those.

shane
25-03-2007, 09:43 PM
i have looked on camskill do i have to buy a kit ? will mitsi just sell me the boot ? cheers

shane

shane
27-03-2007, 07:59 PM
thanks for the advice lads got the parts i needed today from mitsi cheaper than camskill/JawDroppi

Kieran
27-03-2007, 11:26 PM
thanks for the advice lads got the parts i needed today from mitsi cheaper than camskill/JawDroppi

/JawDroppi/JawDroppi Bloody Hell! That's a first!

Wodjno
28-03-2007, 12:01 AM

Looks like camskill might need to alter there pricing on these parts then /yes

White Lightning
28-03-2007, 04:08 PM

Shane - what exactly did you get from Mitsi ? And for how much ?

I still need a sliding bolt rubber dust seal and was going to get the kit from Mitsi. About £35 /Grrr

The one from Camskill is only £22 but apparently the quality of the rubber seals are not as good as the OE Mitsi ones ....

peter thomson
28-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Shane - what exactly did you get from Mitsi ? And for how much ?

I still need a sliding bolt rubber dust seal and was going to get the kit from Mitsi. About £35 /Grrr

The one from Camskill is only £22 but apparently the quality of the rubber seals are not as good as the OE Mitsi ones ....

Hi I updated the thread about the rubber boots and decided that they have seals at both ends and the bit that pushes up against the caliper so may actually be better than the originals

White Lightning
28-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi I updated the thread about the rubber boots and decided that they have seals at both ends and the bit that pushes up against the caliper so may actually be better than the originals

Nice one Pete - thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

Looks like another order will be winging it's way to Camskill. They have done very well out of me in the last 6 months ... :inquisiti

AncientOfMu
29-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Ive just recieved one such kit from Camskill.

My drivers caliper is not working correctly, I'm hoping its just the sliding pins which need re-greasing. Which brings me on to the kit.....What is the little tube of grease for?????

Is it for the pins?

peter thomson
29-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Ive just recieved one such kit from Camskill.

My drivers caliper is not working correctly, I'm hoping its just the sliding pins which need re-greasing. Which brings me on to the kit.....What is the little tube of grease for?????

Is it for the pins?

Yes the tube of grease is for the pins.

shane
31-03-2007, 11:17 AM
hi all the parts that i got from mitsi 1 - seal kit £26.45
2 - wheel hub bolt £2.15

the parts where only cheaper from mitsi because there was no delivery

shane