PDA

View Full Version : Quick Apology

muppet
27-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi all just wanted to apologise for the way the posts I have started so far, have gone.
It's all got bit nasty, opinions are opinions, but the facts are that I don't know what the hell has happened to the car, and niether does the seller.
I would like to find out though, so I can then decide what to with it, price parts or whatever. I was not aware that he was a member when I joined the forum, and did so to use the resources. I am not familiar with the VR4 mechanics, but I don't think that many people are, they are pretty unique. So despite having lots of experience on other performance cars I wanted to find out as much as possible about the car and it's history, to give me a start point.
If members are happy to give me advice on technical matters, that would be very helpful BUT just in case anything could infer, well, anything? it would probably be best to PM replies, or simply not reply.
I'm not great on computers, more a spanner monkey, and this is the first forum I've been properly involved in, most are too ignorant to answer probing questions. The rules are clear on what it can be used for, but in haste I didn't read them thoroughly, a members privacy should be respected.
As I said, I'd like to continue to use the site, however if the seller or anyone else feels that ANY posts by me would 'improper', quite possible as I say what I think, please let me know and I'll use the site for the information already on it.
Ok enough of the two fingered typeing.

Regards, Karl

Paul Beazer
27-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Fair play to you for putting your hand up. For what its worth i think it could have been a LOT worse with the mud slinging and we aren't the sort of people to point the finger and flame away at all and sundry, other forums, well.....
I can understand your frustrations and to be fair its a bit of a stinker of a situation.
Im sure others will be along with some practical help soon. But best of luck in getting it sorted.

White Lightning
27-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Good post Muppet. As has been said, the guys on here are pretty good and not much flaming goes on. Apart from the odd mention of sheep shagging and red hair but that's all light hearted ... /pan

By the way, if it makes you feel any better, I had my VR-4 for only 2 months before it needed a new engine so I can sympathise and do know what you are going through ...

Wodjno
27-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Good post Muppet. As has been said, the guys on here are pretty good and not much flaming goes on. Apart from the odd mention of sheep shagging and red hair but that's all light hearted ... /pan

By the way, if it makes you feel any better, I had my VR-4 for only 2 months before it needed a new engine so I can sympathise and do know what you are going through ...

I also had owned my car only 3 months and it needed a complete gearbox rebuild.. When most things go wrong or fail on cars, they fail in an instant.. When that instant will be, nobody knows. Hopefully you will get this resolved soon and amicably :pimp2:

Funkstar
27-03-2007, 02:02 PM
I sympathize with you also Karl. I only had my car for 2 months before the Transfer Box blew. This lead to another lay out of about £900, so I totally understand your frustrations. It's not a nice feeling.

As said, anything any of us can do to help, and you only need to ask.

Kieran
27-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I think everyone's said it all already - good on you for putting your neck on the block. I think part of the VR-4 'experience' is chasing out the gremlins, shame your lot have been so troublesome - As Paul says, your situation is a right smelly one!

Please do keep us posted on the outcome - and we're always happy to help where we can.

Brunty
28-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi all just wanted to apologise for the way the posts I have started so far, have gone.
It's all got bit nasty, opinions are opinions, but the facts are that I don't know what the hell has happened to the car, and niether does the seller.

Hi Karl and welcome to the club.

I think it's worth saying here (as the refered to posts might not be available to non-members) that I don't think there was anything wrong or nasty about your previous posts, same goes for the other fellas replies.

Like others above I had gearbox hassles shortly after purchasing the car and I think these sorts of issues are always a risk with cars that are so rare (200 odd plus unofficial imports), with such a small knowledge base (Club VR4 beats most if not all UK Mitsubishi garages).

Hope you manage to fix the car without incurring huge fees, and then that you decide the VR4 is a car worth sticking with for a few years.

All the best.
Brunty.

Nick Mann
28-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I also share the same sentiments as the guys above. The resolution to the dispute is now off the forums, which is good for all. On the other hand, the resolution to the mechanical problem is something we can all help with, and given a chance will.

muppet
28-03-2007, 07:26 PM
At risk of repeating myself again, cheers all.
I'll put it all down to experience, and say goodbye to chapter one.

ps, anybody wanna buy a kidney ?

steve190
28-03-2007, 07:33 PM
ps, anybody wanna buy a kidney ?

Does it run on Bio-fuel (Cider:beerchug: ), if so I'll take 1 :-ished:

Nick VR4
28-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Does it run on Bio-fuel (Cider:beerchug: ), if so I'll take 1 :-ished:

/haz/haz/haz

Kieran
29-03-2007, 12:03 AM
/haz/haz/haz

What he said!! /lol /lol /lol

muppet
29-03-2007, 10:23 AM
:runkest: LOL!
Can safely say it's been thoroughly tested on all octanes..........

I'm up at the hospital later for an MOT later, so I'll find out if any other parts are serviceable.