PDA

View Full Version : Boost solonoid + recirc bov

Paul C
27-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I have just fitted the perrin 12v boost solonoid and Forge Recirc blow off valve. The blow off valve is for the evo8 but fits our car perfectly.I wired piped in the solonoid valve wrong at first so boost was able to do what it wanted and try to kill the engine. thanks to the members library i found the required information to install it properlly and everthing is spot on. I think the bov and solonoid complement each other and the car seems alot more responsive. I would even say the noise of the recirc valve sounds better tham the vta bov that i used to have fitted.I have the solonoid controlled through the map ecu 2 and have to maps which i switch on the fly. The first map has a high boost of about 9psi(for now still tuning) and the second is low boost at about 3psi. The blow off valve comes with 3 springs(red,yellow,blue) and was wondering if anyone had used these before and what spring they are using as i am currently using blue one.

Gowf
28-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi Paul, I have a forge recirc on mine, but got if from forge themselves. It wasnt supplied with any extra springs but im of the understanding that if i do want them they will just send them to me.
As such, dont know what spring is in it, just the standard one, whatever colour that is.
As for the noise, i fully agree. Not loud enough to scare children and oaps, but a nice noise that does turn heads.

bernmc
28-03-2007, 08:59 PM
This is the same BOV I have - used in the BOV fitting writeup here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22446&highlight=BOV)

I got it form one of the EVO boys, so it had one of the stiffer springs in it - had some problems with the turbo's stalling. Changed to the green spring, and all has been fine (0.8bar) since. I think I discussed it in the thread.

Paul C
28-03-2007, 09:54 PM
hadn't read that article until now, they seem like a decent valve