PDA

View Full Version : It Moves

Wodjno
30-03-2007, 05:06 PM
My car moved off my driveway for the 1st time in nearly 9 weeks today.. :speechles

After the final few checks after fitting the S-AYC rear Diff from an EVO 8, i took it for little run round the block :thinking:

It felt fine with no AYC,TCL or ECL at all :pimp2:

Then after a re torque of the wheel nuts i took it for a more spirited drive :inquisiti

It feels great and when hitting it with 16+psi mid corner, the power feels a lot more rear biased. Feels like it's pushing you round rather than dragging you round.. /yes

I'm gonna take it easy ish up to Brum tomorrow and will wait til i get back to give the oils a last check before giving it a thorough testing :D

I had a few issues with fitting, which i will share when i do a full write up next week :)

So now there are 2 VR4's running EVO8 diffs.. So bare it in mind for an upgrade if your diff ever blows ..

Mark 4
30-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Nice one Glenn

We can all look forward to an entertaining read when you get around to it.

Axeboy
30-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Yup, superb.

Great info from both you and Louis

soapy1978
30-03-2007, 05:31 PM
well done for getting it done mte see you tomorrow

darren

caishanvr4
30-03-2007, 05:36 PM
/applaude

Thats great news glen
see you tmrw

Nick Mann
30-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Good work, Sir. I'll be interested to here your thoughts on it tomorrow!

bradc
30-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Make that 3 in about a month or so :) I'm going to pick up mine today. Glad to hear it handles better.

White Lightning
30-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Nice one - glad you got it sorted :thumbsup:

Spirit
30-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Well done Glenn....great news to hear she's back on the road :pimp2:

Wodjno
30-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Make that 3 in about a month or so :) I'm going to pick up mine today. Glad to hear it handles better.

It'll be 4 !! By the time you get yours done Brad /yes

Louis
30-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Well done, glad you got it sorted

ralliart-type-s
30-03-2007, 11:11 PM
im gettin a 7 diff in 2 wks, duz that count??

bradc
31-03-2007, 04:35 AM
wodj, who's going to beat me?

psbarham
31-03-2007, 07:36 AM
nice one mate , as i said i shall have to pop over for a test drive

wodj, who's going to beat me?
brad i could have got one fitted in my V6 quicker than you've sorted that leggie

bradc
31-03-2007, 07:46 AM
sounds like a challenge, if you get AYC fitted to your front wheel drive V6 (and working as fully intended in 4wd mode), before I get my car back I will fund it for you

pezza
04-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Glad to hear its all driving well Glenn..

any tail out action yet?

All very interesting reading.. /Hmmm

Wodjno
04-04-2007, 09:29 AM
any tail out action yet?

Is the Sea full of Water :speechles

pezza
04-04-2007, 09:33 AM
SO overall happier with handling ?

Easier to end up facing the wrong way turning on the parkway :D

Wodjno
04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
SO overall happier with handling ?

Easier to end up facing the wrong way turning on the parkway :D

Well No not really.. It doesn't make it tail happy ! The way you sling it into the corner does that.. :thinking:

But if your normally pushing round the corner with speed and power, the front of your car more easily points to where you want it to go /yes Instead of starting to 4 wheel drift wide.. Obviously you can still push the car to these limits, but these limits are now at a higher speed..

So where as if i got to that point before, I would dab the left foot on the brake, with right foot still full down on the power to lighten up the rear end so it came round, to point your car where you actually need it to go.. Theres no need to do this now at the same speed, as the S-AYC pushes more power to the rear to push you round the corner rather than you being dragged round it sideways.. /rally

pezza
04-04-2007, 09:57 AM
we need to swap cars.... LOL. If I had comparable one to swap.

Interesting what you say about the behaviour of the car at its limit has been pushed further. I guess a drive round a well known track (private included) is the best test.

Have you had a chance to test the car round those open twisty bumpy roads round your way? Seems like good place to compare and its not related to limits at speed there either..

That document on S AYC is interesting too... I have not had a chance to check out what has been said about S-AYC vs AYC on MLR yet but I guess it may be similar to what you state

Wodjno
04-04-2007, 10:01 AM
we need to swap cars.... LOL. If I had comparable one to swap.

Patience Dear Boy !! Patience ;-) (You can always take a SLOW cruise down to-maro)

Have you had a chance to test the car round those open twisty bumpy roads round your way? Seems like good place to compare and its not related to limits at speed there either..

Yes it points to your exit so much easier /yes Especially when hitting it with full boost, on first turn in :D

pezza
04-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Patience Dear Boy !! Patience ;-) (You can always take a SLOW cruise down to-maro)

Just seen this.... ahahah

Its nice being able to smoke tyres in a slow-mo 180 turn :afro:
but leave the pimp-mobile outta this please :-) :pimp2:

Well opening up the old diff inspection hatch was a sad but all too familiar sight
seeing the metal chunks filings etc fall out :speechles (it was actually worse than the dead gearbox)

The diff really chewed itself to the point that even creeping in gear almost caused the car to stall where the rear diff was jammed the crunching sound was
really stomach churning.

Its all changed now and need to start driving it again to feel the S-AYC differences.. I am sure I will then be wanting suspension upgrades and some of Aunty's roll bars soon too :thinking: Then it wil be seats to stop me flying from side to side.

Nick Mann
04-05-2007, 01:39 PM
:thumbsup: Get enjoying that car, Pezz!

pezza
04-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeh I will do mate.. but its been *undriven* for 2 months + :speechles

and I have 1 bar to play with after I get used to it all again :D