PDA

View Full Version : "its a GAlant Turbo VEE ARR FOUR!!!"

triniVr4
30-03-2007, 08:03 PM
im sure this is one of you sods.....playing with this poor 330 CI..... its not a pics but damm its good....last 2 mins of the clip are worth it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuoaaJXf-Pk

psbarham
30-03-2007, 08:30 PM
yup and no
yes its richard , and no its not got a fat arse its a saloon :evilgrin:

triniVr4
30-03-2007, 08:38 PM
^^^^^^^aooooooouch!!!.....low!!....lol lol

White Lightning
30-03-2007, 08:44 PM
/haz ... excellent ...

Physician
30-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Yep, that was a couple of years ago now. It's a bad video because unfortunately I recorded that on my STILL camera (with video feature) and I can't edit it so you get all the cr@p along with the good bits.

And as pointed out - it's my VR4 saloon and not a Legnum :)

Physician
30-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Not as good trini - but you may enjoy this as well ..... bit naughty - but had to be done before my turn off!

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Movies/flamer.mov

dutch driver
30-03-2007, 10:17 PM
hahahahaha
lol
excellent

triniVr4
31-03-2007, 03:12 AM
that wasnt nice!!.....cute flames though....how can we have that?

Physician
31-03-2007, 12:07 PM
........ cute flames though....how can we have that?

Have a look here (http://www.akamoto.co.uk/flaming-exhaust.asp)

Beastlee
31-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Call me a goody two shoes but I really don't approve of the second vid. It doesn't really prove anything and was just plain dangerous.
I'm all for embarassing people like the guy in the Poobaru but all you did was show you were more willing to put people's lives at risk. The other guy was stupid but the worst he would have done in that vid is destroy his car up the back of the truck.
I'm not perfect and I've done stupid things in the past but having had friends and family killed by similar actions I just felt I had to say something.
I'm trying to watch the one about the 330CI but it just stops at the traffic lights.

Physician
01-04-2007, 01:31 AM
Call me a goody two shoes but I really don't approve of the second vid. It doesn't really prove anything and was just plain dangerous.
I'm all for embarassing people like the guy in the Poobaru but all you did was show you were more willing to put people's lives at risk. The other guy was stupid but the worst he would have done in that vid is destroy his car up the back of the truck.
I'm not perfect and I've done stupid things in the past but having had friends and family killed by similar actions I just felt I had to say something.
I'm trying to watch the one about the 330CI but it just stops at the traffic lights.

Hahaha! Yup, you just can't put a young head on old shoulders! I've found that the standard VR4 is so slow that I'm getting a boost controller fitted in a couple of weeks :)

It sounds as if we both need our wrists slapping - although I've never been close to losing it on the road. I have managed a 360 degree spin in the wet on track though.

To quote you:

".........Just a note to say that I get three AYC bars every day on my wy to work. It's 6 miles of spirited country road driving and a couple of the bends are very tight. Nearly lost it the other day though as braking for a ard right seemed to off balance the car. All 3 lights were most definitely on as I went round the bend faster than I would have liked....gave me even more confidence in the car though when it went round as happily as my old car would have at half the speed!"

and

"........ decided it was definitely time to test the AYC and see what the kerfufle was about.... the Corsa was a distant spot by the time we had reached the third exit of the roundabout and at exit speed of well over 60 I was left ........"

:thinking:

Beastlee
01-04-2007, 02:40 AM
Like I say, I'm not perfect /pan and I don't want to start a slanging match but I'd like to quantify the above quotes and of course back my corner :

1. The AYC was showing that because the previous owner had put some dodgy part worns on it to sell. The application of 4 x Toyos means I see very little of even the second bar now. The inside edge of both rears was almost non existant.
2. The rear pads were down to less than 1mm which probably accounts for the off-balancing of the car as I braked for the turn. All of this was between 40-50mph, god's honest truth.
3. I was making a point that the car went off balance and hence the 3 bars on that occasion. The general 3 bars comment is based around the fact it is a true b road with lots of mud and water every day just like a /rally .
4. You have me on the second one, however I was in my lane within the speed limit at the time :inquisiti and about a mile from the nearest pedestrian as it's a dual carriageway.

I wasn't trying to be judgemental :baby: it's just that a friend of mine was killed by someone overtaking in the filter lane/chevrons when I was younger. Speaking of which, my shoulders are only 30 years old and I'm tld my head is only 10% of that /pan.

I hear you on the boost controller, the RSM is showing 231ps so far and that's with just 3 runs and unconfirmed weights... I think the boost controller should bring that up nicely. :evilgrin:

Physician
01-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Lol. Don't worry - you've caught me at the wrong time of the month.

Oh ........ the young head etc ......... I meant that you can't put a young head like yours on old shoulders like mine (reversal of the usual saying).

Beastlee
01-04-2007, 11:12 AM
LOL,
Nearly 3AM is definitely not the time to be posting.

I've also managed to watch all of the BMW vid and I would have just left him wondering. ;) At least I can tell my mat his 330CI Clubsport is slow LOL.