PDA

View Full Version : Alfa style elecy windows

pitslayer
01-04-2007, 12:35 AM
god this car is doing my nut in now..........driving home, smoking a ciggie, window open, flick ciggie out window.....go to close it.....it goes up....stops then comes back down again, and repeat!!!! thats doing the auto shut.....but if you shut it with you in control off the button, it wont shut all the way......its shut now after i shouted at it lots........
but anyone had this, and why is it doing it, the window has gone alfa has a mind of its own(i know this my dads alfa used to do it all the time lol)
anyone got any ideas

g6acb
01-04-2007, 12:50 AM
ITS YOUR RACK ENDS!!!

There are 2 possible causes of the problem...

1 is that you are travelling at a fair speed and the air pressure fools the anti trap machanism that there is a childers body part in the way and stops closing the window - try nudging the window up with the switch or opening the opposite side window and then closing both at the same time

2 braindg solved the problem here http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124588&postcount=3

lets hope in your case its no1, otherwise the car will need to be crushed :inquisiti

pitslayer
01-04-2007, 12:54 AM
its not no1, because i slowed down to 30 and it still wouldnt go up, and nudging it up with the switch, the a pillar side closes but the rear doesnt so its on a piss.....but its not going up on a piss or down, its smooth........

hmmm taking the door cards of again, ah naff to it, it can stay like that..........

i would crush the car, take the engine and box out first thow, can make that into a rail buggy/short course off roader.....but i wouldnt mind so money back of the car