PDA

View Full Version : leather interior.

coltmotors
05-04-2007, 10:09 AM
There is a cream leather interior from a v6-24v saloon on ebay at the moment, will this fit my galant 2.0 estate spec car or was the saloon a different fitment interior to the estate??.

any help gratefully recieved thanks.

Kieran
05-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Provided it's from a UK-Spec car, it should be fine - certainly the seats and door cards will fit. I'm not sure if the non-leather V6-24 Galants have the power connectors under the seats for the electric motors (the UK leather seats are electric). You'll also need the heated seat switches too if you want to go the whole hog.

The reason I say if it's UK spec it'll be fine.... If it's a Jap spec saloon interior it'll have fixed rear seats (ie: non split/fold).

Gly
05-04-2007, 10:43 AM
fronts seats and door trims are fine.

estate and saloon rear seats arnt interchangable,
the estate have fold down rear seats the saloon is fixed,

also the estate rear door trims have grills for door speakers,
the saloon doz not have these grills, and its just smoothed over.

coltmotors
05-04-2007, 11:39 AM
i have mailed the seller and he says that the interior is from a 1998 uk v6-24v the front seats are electric and heated and have side airbags, i dont have the side airbgas or electric seats in mine so not sure how difficult these would be to fit, also as you say the rear seat is fixed but it is a 2 piece backrest .

he has got the headlights and indicators aswell for sale and one of my lamps has a broken lense so i will prob just bid for the headlamp and not the interior, though if the interior goes for a low enough bid it may be worth it just for the leather front cards/seats??.

Kieran
05-04-2007, 11:56 AM
estate and saloon rear seats arnt interchangable,
the estate have fold down rear seats the saloon is fixed,

That's only true for the Jap spec cars. If it's a UK Spec car the rear seats in the saloons are the same as in the estates, so you're fine.

Regarding electrickery and SRS systems.... The side airbags just won't deploy - but seeing as you've not got them anyway, that's not a problem.

Pezza fitted electric seats to a non-electric car. Might be worth asking him how he did it?

I-S
05-04-2007, 02:24 PM
My '98 GLS 2.0 estate does have the connectors in the floor under the seats for the power and airbag.

pitslayer
05-04-2007, 10:25 PM
they usually make all cars interchangable, like a 1.1 mk3 fiesta has everything on the shell so you can turn it into a turbo.......same with most wiring looms, are all run the same as its cheaper and easier to run one loom for all cars, than different looms for different cars

Kieran
05-04-2007, 10:36 PM
they usually make all cars interchangable, like a 1.1 mk3 fiesta has everything on the shell so you can turn it into a turbo.......same with most wiring looms, are all run the same as its cheaper and easier to run one loom for all cars, than different looms for different cars

True.... To a degree with a Galant. For instance, a non-MMCS car doesn't have the MMCS plugs.

Unless it's property of Kieran, that is! :smug::scholar:

But it's good to know all the UK-Spec cars do have the plugs. /yes

zedy1
06-04-2007, 12:11 AM
rear corners wont fit m8

Kieran
06-04-2007, 02:38 AM
rear corners wont fit m8

The foam seat bits you mean Mo? Or the plastic trim panels?

Either way - Didn't know that! :embarasse

coltmotors
08-04-2007, 09:51 AM
^^^^^^^^^

any confirmation on this yet guys???
will the uk saloon spec interior swap into a uk estate spec estate, not so worried about the door cards but the seats would be a welcome upgrade from torn fabric lol.

the guys got parts from a jap sepc mivec as a uk v6-24 it seems aswell so ive asked him if he's got the bucket seats from that to sell.

Kieran
08-04-2007, 02:32 PM
The MIVEC galant won't be a Jap Spec - it'll be a Hong Kong car most probably. The VR-M as it's known doesn't have bucket seats I don't think. (unless the owner fitted them).

KHK
08-04-2007, 02:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^

any confirmation on this yet guys???
will the uk saloon spec interior swap into a uk estate spec estate, not so worried about the door cards but the seats would be a welcome upgrade from torn fabric lol.

the guys got parts from a jap sepc mivec as a uk v6-24 it seems aswell so ive asked him if he's got the bucket seats from that to sell.

Your car is an estate and you are considering a galant sedan interior???
I doubt the rear seat and rear door card would fit

I have a whole set of leather interior from a facelift legnum
but the sending fee may be sky figure:evilgrin:

coltmotors
08-04-2007, 03:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

yes it prob would be sky figurs going round the world man!!!lol

as for the mivec , hes got relliart seats but he prob fitted them from a lancer or summat, the v6-24 seats i may stil have a pop at just for the fronts anyway??.

KHK
08-04-2007, 05:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

as for the mivec , hes got relliart seats but he prob fitted them from a lancer or summat, the v6-24 seats i may stil have a pop at just for the fronts anyway??.

The sky figure may be 200 pounds

Please type the url for me to take a look; the ebay one you mentioned

As far as i know, MIVEC galant DOES NOT HAVE ralliart interior. That owner should have a transplant from other car's

Beautiful / genuine ralliart seats are expensive. I wonder it would be a good buy or not from him. Have a double thought and good luck.

zedy1
09-04-2007, 12:02 AM
The MIVEC galant won't be a Jap Spec - it'll be a Hong Kong car most probably. The VR-M as it's known doesn't have bucket seats I don't think. (unless the owner fitted them).

Back foam bits the ones at the corners which dont fold. door cards are fine and will defitnently fit

Kieran
09-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Back foam bits the ones at the corners which dont fold. door cards are fine and will defitnently fit

Oh right - Didn't know that - Saloon and estate have a different shape do they.... Hmmm!

Cheers Mo, I think you've just saved ColtMotors a bob or two!

bradc
09-04-2007, 05:31 AM
could possibly get the sedan fabric ones retrimmed, and use the rest of the interior from the wagon

KHK
09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

if the leather could be off the seat and door card, that means no need to send the whole stuff; delivery fee would be low

Beastlee
09-04-2007, 12:58 PM
To clear up the confusion on this thread could someone please post a definite compatibility on this interior please. Some kind of table would help I think.
I am looking to fit it in my leggie as the interior is dirty. I can sort any wiring and switches easy enough but I need to confirm Mo's comments on the side parts, as I don't want to make it look a mess if the sides are not compatible.

I assume everyone who's interested will be bidding in the last minute as there's none on there yet.