PDA

View Full Version : Polish Megatest

bernmc
06-04-2007, 08:40 PM
One to make the Kellogs Boy's testicles revolve:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/207997/car_polish.html

No zaino though :| Stupid buggers - why mess with the rest?

Kieran
07-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Argh!!! :veryangry

Another Autoexpress 'Polish Mega Test' and yet they still bugger about reviewing the over the counter stuff. Now fair enough - polishing to most people is a chore that's done once or twice a year (or not at all, if your name rhymes with 'Grunty'), but they miss out on the stuff that would really help!

Klasse? Carlack? Not a mention and their Acrylic blend has to be seen to be believed!

"....We tested all types of product, including polishes, waxes, sealants, synthetics and the latest offerings....<snip>....Two bonnets were used, and we left control areas to ensure equal conditions. Our samples were checked regularly over eight weeks to see which were still beading water and offering protection...... We also took into account ease of application and, of course, cost.

So.... they choose Pinnacle Souveran and Signature from the 'exotic' lineup that takes a little more finding. What a &$%@#ing brilliant idea!!:inquisiti I know, in a test focusing on cost and durability, we'll buy some really expensive 'Show' wax and then moan that it doesn't last!:speechles

And more amazingly, they leave out polishes like Collinite 845 - Possibly one of the most, if not the most durable polish there is!!/pan

And.... Why on earth do they keep on re-reviewing the same old stuff from the likes of Turtle Wax and AutoGlym, etc? I could perhaps understand this if the formulations had changed, but I'm pretty sure Super Resin polish is the same as it has been for the last god knows how long! Last time they tweaked the forumula on some of these things it was to comply with new VOC regs..... And even then I'm not sure if that affects the UK or just the US!

What a big pile of Horse Poo! With steam wisping up from it and flies buzzing around it! /pan :veryangry

Bah, I could go on but I've got steam coming out my ears now! /Grrr I'm off to bed!!! /Grrr /grr

bernmc
07-04-2007, 07:50 AM
So were they spinning clockwise or counterclockwise...? OR does it depend on the hemisphere...?:evilgrin:

Funkstar
07-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Argh!!! :veryangry

Another Autoexpress 'Polish Mega Test' and yet they still bugger about reviewing the over the counter stuff. Now fair enough - polishing to most people is a chore that's done once or twice a year (or not at all, if your name rhymes with 'Grunty'), but they miss out on the stuff that would really help!

Klasse? Carlack? Not a mention and their Acrylic blend has to be seen to be believed!

So.... they choose Pinnacle Souveran and Signature from the 'exotic' lineup that takes a little more finding. What a &$%@#ing brilliant idea!!:inquisiti I know, in a test focusing on cost and durability, we'll buy some really expensive 'Show' wax and then moan that it doesn't last!:speechles

And more amazingly, they leave out polishes like Collinite 845 - Possibly one of the most, if not the most durable polish there is!!/pan

And.... Why on earth do they keep on re-reviewing the same old stuff from the likes of Turtle Wax and AutoGlym, etc? I could perhaps understand this if the formulations had changed, but I'm pretty sure Super Resin polish is the same as it has been for the last god knows how long! Last time they tweaked the forumula on some of these things it was to comply with new VOC regs..... And even then I'm not sure if that affects the UK or just the US!

What a big pile of Horse Poo! With steam wisping up from it and flies buzzing around it! /pan :veryangry

Bah, I could go on but I've got steam coming out my ears now! /Grrr I'm off to bed!!! /Grrr /grr
mmmm

TAR
07-04-2007, 10:31 AM
The first thing I thought was.....'what on earth are they testing from Poland that we could be interested in?' /pan me

Then after reading Kierans response, I thought 'OMG, that mans head is full of the most eclectic information ever!!'

Where does it all come from? /haz

steve190
07-04-2007, 11:01 AM

On one hand there is steam coming off the Horse Poo and in the next there is steam coming out of his ears. Does that answer your question TAR, K's full off **** :scholar:

[Rapid exit stage left bofore K gets his /pan out]:evilgrin:

Throbbe
07-04-2007, 11:16 AM
And.... Why on earth do they keep on re-reviewing the same old stuff from the likes of Turtle Wax and AutoGlym, etc?

Because they buy advertising, which I'm sure doesn't affect the findings at all. Next?

Kieran
07-04-2007, 12:28 PM
So were they spinning clockwise or counterclockwise...? OR does it depend on the hemisphere...?:evilgrin:

Both! One was going one way, the other went the opposite! That's how wound up I was! :veryangry :inquisiti

Then after reading Kierans response, I thought 'OMG, that mans head is full of the most eclectic information ever!!'
Why, Thankyou! :smug: /haz