PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control lever and switches wanted

haydar
05-12-2003, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone

I'm looking for 2 cruise control lever switches! Anyone know where I could find a pair INSERT INTO post VALUES (breakers etc...) Asked Mitsubishi but they believed that these cost £50+VAT !!! :rolleyes5

All help appreciated.

Regards

Kieran
06-12-2003, 06:32 PM
I think nearly all UK Galants INSERT INTO post VALUES (apart from the short-lived GLX) had cruise... So I'd find one in a breakers and get pilfering!

haydar
06-12-2003, 09:54 PM
I think nearly all UK Galants INSERT INTO post VALUES (apart from the short-lived GLX) had cruise... So I'd find one in a breakers and get pilfering!

Kieran, this is easier said than done! I've been looking on the internet for breakers with a Galant but have not been able to find one yet! The Galant just wasn't a very popular car.

zedy1
07-12-2003, 12:47 AM
me too looked into finding the 8g galant in breakers fr some interior parts but couldnt locate one. anyways methinks mitsu use different wiring looms for the imports to the
uk cars i know the pejero loom is dofferemt to the shogun

Pescha
07-12-2003, 01:44 AM
Wouldn't a cruise control lever/button etc use more gas?

**** anything to save gas?

lol

Pescha!

Kieran
07-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Erm, I thought the idea behind cruise was to mantain a constant speed, avoiding variance INSERT INTO post VALUES (which wastes fuel)... From my own experience, when used in the appropriate situation INSERT INTO post VALUES (such as a flowing M-way); cruise is of great benefit to MPG and driver relaxation.

Spirit
07-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Yeah spot on Kieran - I had cruise on my 6G Galant and was damn useful - mind you I wouldn't use it enough nowadays to warrant paying to have it fitted to the VR4