PDA

View Full Version : slight vibrating/wobbling issue during light accl.

tesna
07-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi guys,

I got quite annoying problem with my car, it's been there since I got my car (2nd hand, 50,000 kms ago). The front part of the body or my car seems wobble/vibrates during light acceleration between 50-60 km/h. But I did not experience that wobbling/vibration effect even when I accelerate at more than 140km/h. I've replaced almost all of the front lower part of suspension bushings/ball joints/tie rods, but I haven't replaced the upper ball joints/arms yet, since the suspension guy says it's still ok.

The suspension also already aligned, full wheel balance, and I follow workshop recommendation to do wheels balanced on the car so that it will also balance the brake discs (they said so).

But the problems still there, and I dunno what else to do.

Btw, my car is Mitsubishi Galant V6-26, 6A13 N/A A/T, lowered and using 18" wheels. Is it possible the problem occurs because the car is lowered? Or broken drive shafts maybe?

Davezj
07-04-2007, 09:12 PM
is an auto?

please correct me if i am wrong but i have never experienved it, but it does occur.

there is an issue with tourque converter that will put a vibration through the car at about 30-40 MPH on low throttle. and it suggests the converter is broken and needs replacing. hope it is not that.

please get second opinions on this one as it is an expensive fix.

Dave

tesna
08-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Yes, it's an auto. OMG, the torque converter? :( I hope it's not it. How expensive is it? is it needs to change the gearbox? if so, maybe better to do manual conversion :(

Gly
08-04-2007, 07:11 AM
you dont need to change the gear box, but it will need to be removed to change the torque converter

tesna
25-05-2007, 07:29 AM
guys, I replaced the torque converter and the vibrating issue still there.