PDA

View Full Version : tyre Replacement

stuartturbo
10-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Do the tyres need replacing in a set of two or all four
Cost not a problem front side wall has a large gash in so do i replace the front pair or the full set

Gowf
10-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Personaly i would say yes change all 4. It keeps the rolling circumference the same on all four wheels and so keeps everything happy.
However, lots of people do seem to run different front and rear tyres on the evos, whether there have been good or bad results i cannot say.
As with the 4wd cars i have owned ive always replaced as a full set. Quite an annoyance if you get a puncture though, but that is just my opinion.

Louis
10-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I would go for all four the same, four wheel drive with electronics you really want the grip and behaviour the same all round.
Falken 452 are good, £260 for 4 (inc vat & delivery) on mytyres.co.uk, (plus the local fitting).
I have used Goodyear FD3 Eagle GDS3, Bridgestone potenza's, Michelin pilot sport, and pirelli P zero neros on the Legnum, and tried the falkens after I heard good reports about them.
They are every bit as good as the goodyears, excellent in the dry, (poss better), and just as good in the wet.
My driving style (lol) meant that I went through 3 sets of four tyres in twenty months, it gets quite expensive!. And the centre tread always has about 4mm of tread still there, it is always the inner shoulders that wear down, so I thought I would try the Falkens, not to save money really, I always buy good tyres, just thought I would give them a try, and I am most pleased with them.

Nick VR4
10-04-2007, 07:51 PM
I have always changed the 4 too seems I did read someone changed one and had issues, the AYC going a bit mental

Wodjno
10-04-2007, 07:55 PM
F1's.... After 12 months... 25 laps of the Ring... 3 sessions at Donnington.. And a little Daisy driving .. :scholar:

bradc
10-04-2007, 08:06 PM
stuart, how much tread did they have left? any less than 6mm and I would force his insurance to pay out for a new set, stating that the 4wd system is very sensitive.

kidfrost
17-04-2007, 02:23 PM
As I am in the tyre trade, I know you can fit 4x4's, 2 at a time mate...(same axle)

or if you can afford it all four.

stuartturbo
17-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Insurance have now paid up for THE ONE DAMAGED TYRE $%$^$&!
but paid full retail

Rambaud
17-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I prefer to change all 4 at the same time - but have done 2 only on the same axle, but they were the same brand and type as the other two.