PDA

View Full Version : Rossini Brake Discs

probbo
10-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Was Just thinking about getting these all round as a possible brake upgrade. Juddering when braking from high speed is now bordering on the ridiculous and I am loosing confidence in what is otherwise a great car.

Has anybody who has fitted these found any problems with them?

Ta

Kieran
10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I've used them twice and twice I've been happy with them. They look the part and do offer more 'grab' than standard.

I would get your calipers checked out if your brakes are juddering whilst you're at it - it could be a sticky caliper that's left a pad imprint on one of your discs that's causing the issue in the 1st place - it might be worth getting the calipers stripped and regreased whilst you're at it.:scholar:

colVR4
10-04-2007, 07:24 PM
I have looked in to this problem since I have been suffering from it for a while. I have it on good authority (a Rally X racer for 18 yrs) that it could be thermal shock caused by incompatible disks and pads.

I get juddering on mine from cold when braking hard that goes away once they are properly warmed up. I have a mix of Mintex pads and EBC disks.

probbo
12-04-2007, 09:08 PM
A good mechanic I know did have a look and and found one of the discs front nearside was warped. What he also found as well was the hubs underneath the discs were incredibly corroded and was pushing on the disc which could lead to hot spots and 'warping'. The car is in superb condition so I was a bit suprised to see the corrosion so bad on the hubs. It was cleaned up the best it could be and I have had a new standard set of discs and pads fitted for now.