PDA

View Full Version : fitted at last

MR.VOODOO
11-04-2007, 08:36 AM
at last i have fitted my lash adjusters ( thnaks mr n mann ) god i never new my 127000 mile vr4 could sound so quite ........
any way next step , brakes ebc discs and pads , then nos fitting , i am just going to order some tein coil overs for her
then on to the stereo system , will i have here done buy the end of june
lets try.....

RHYSROBERTS
11-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey Mr Voodoo...
Parhaps you could give me some advice. I was thinking of putting new hydraulic tappets in mine too, cos the tick tick tick drives me round the bend. Did you use aftermarket or Mitsi bits. I have seen a full set of aftermarkets for £229 and am seriously thinking of getting them. Also....how long did it take? Do you need to take anything major off or can you just get the cam covers off and get the little beggars under the cams as somone told me you could?
Any help would help me decide......
Strangely too i am needing discs next....but i am not going for NOs.....!!
Thanks

bernmc
11-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey Mr Voodoo...
Parhaps you could give me some advice. I was thinking of putting new hydraulic tappets in mine too, cos the tick tick tick drives me round the bend. Did you use aftermarket or Mitsi bits. I have seen a full set of aftermarkets for £229 and am seriously thinking of getting them. Also....how long did it take? Do you need to take anything major off or can you just get the cam covers off and get the little beggars under the cams as somone told me you could?
Any help would help me decide......
Strangely too i am needing discs next....but i am not going for NOs.....!!
Thanks

You can get a set for less than that through the member's discount section of this site. You'll have to be a member to get there though ;)

Yes, you 'just' have to get the cam covers off... unfortuantely, you also just have to remove all the turbo pipeing, inlet manifold etc to get at them! And then there's getting the bleeding adjusters in and out! 6 hours minimum. Took me 10 - only got the knack at the end :D.

Pay your membership fee! Get cheap adjusters! Roll up roll up!

Membership+adjusters will still be less than the price you've quoted!

Here's the link for the discounted price once you've paid your membership fee:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19240

bernmc
11-04-2007, 01:49 PM
PS, I think WODJNO had a set for sale too. I seem to remember his price for members being about £20 less than non members...?

Did I mention membership at all recently...?

:D:D:D

RHYSROBERTS
11-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Well thanks for the membership....sorry tappet information. I have a good relationship with Camskill...cos i live about 4 miles away, but membership (theres that word again) and cheaper bits sounds much better. I will have a think.......i take it all the club buy tappeteers are still happy with what they did, with no recurring tick tick tick.....

Nick Mann
11-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Our group buy was not from Camskill in the end. They offered us a discount, but someone else beet it!

The one off price is not as good as the group buy was, but they can still beat Camskill on that particular part.

I took six hours to do mine, but only because a knackered a couple of threads on the inlet manifold and had to sort them out.

MR.VOODOO
12-04-2007, 05:45 PM
hi nick , the car sonds like it has a new engine in it ........
i have finsished the grapics and will post some pictures soon