PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake Shoes and Cable

Wodjno
13-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Has anyone ever changed them ??

If so, how much and where did you get them from..??

Are the shoes the same as Evo's :thinking:

TIA

WODJ :scholar:

Subaru ETA
14-04-2007, 07:06 AM
why you need to change them? just wondering

richy rich
14-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Wodj

Hand brake shoes are a piece of piddle for a man of your caliber and the cable Ive never had to do but that also should be easy for you. ill have a look today as I'm putting mine back on the ramp for some more TLC. (not said it before but woohoo mine is back on the road/rally )

Paul Beazer
14-04-2007, 10:04 AM
They are easy to do, the hardest part is getting the handbrake shoes on / off with the silly spring and pin set up! The cables are really EASY, about 4 bolts hold it onto the floor pan and it just unhooks out of the handbrake lever. To get at that you just pull the bin thingie out of the centre console its directly underneath.

Wodjno
14-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi All :-)

I haven't got any issues with completing the work !

Just wanted to know if anyone knows any prices and whether I got to get them from Mitzy or if theres anywhere else they can be obtained ?

And if there the same fitment a the EVO ??

:D

Wodjno
14-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi All :-)

I haven't got any issues with completing the work !

Just wanted to know if anyone knows any prices and whether I got to get them from Mitzy or if theres anywhere else they can be obtained ?

And if there the same fitment a the EVO ??

:D

BTTT

Anyone :speechles

Munta
22-04-2007, 08:35 AM
sorry to be a noob but can any1 place a pic of where the handbrake shoes are? i take it there not the normal rear back pads like FWD cars lol. sorry for sounding dum... need to know as went for a wof and "failed" my wof on it.

Wodjno
22-04-2007, 09:50 AM
sorry to be a noob but can any1 place a pic of where the handbrake shoes are? i take it there not the normal rear back pads like FWD cars lol. sorry for sounding dum... need to know as went for a wof and "failed" my wof on it.
The handbrake shoes are integrated into the rear discs.. So there like a drum brake..

Nick Mann
22-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Sorry, Wodj, I never saw this the first time round.

I have put evo rear discs over the top of VR4 handbrake shoes and they seem to work fine. Certainly, the diameter of the evo rear hub within the disc is the same as the VR4's. I would be gobsmacked if they have two designs for the same size handbrake! Did you sort it out in the end?

Munta
24-04-2007, 07:46 AM
ok think i found the lil bit that adjusts them inside the housing for them... which way is to tighten them? any ideas? i dont really want to have to keep adjusting them and going for drive or something just to find out which way to turn it... any help would be great

Paul Beazer
25-04-2007, 01:50 PM
One side turns the opposite way to the other side. The easiest way is to put the disks back on and hold it on with a couple of wheelnuts, then adjust the screw through the hole until it starts scuffing on the inside of the drum.