PDA

View Full Version : Went absolutely completely nuts at a 4wd owner tonight

bradc
16-04-2007, 07:51 AM
The last 10km or so of my drive home is along country roads, and they are all sign posted at 100kmh, I stick to this fairly strictly simply because there are lots of driveways and intersections and you never really know whats going to happen. I was driving along at just under 100kmh when a 4wd (landcruiser) caught up to me quite quickly and started to tailgate me, so I just sat on exactly 100kmh and didn't pay much attention to him at all.

Suddenly my headlights pick up a cow a short distance away, right in the middle of the two lanes. I slam the brakes on as hard as possible, the cow is right in the middle of the road and the road is narrow so there is no real way I can go around the cow. The guy in the 4wd naturally has no chance of stopping, while I brace myself for impact (I was doing about 60kmh and I thought he was going to go straight through my rear window at about 80kmh) he managed to swerve onto the wrong side of the road and slide to a stop about 2 car lengths in front of me, about 1 meter away from the cow, who didn't move a millimetre the entire way through this, even when my abs came on at about 40kmh.

I pulled up along beside the 4wd and went completely totally insane with shouting and swearing, it went something along the lines of:

Learn how to drive you stupid ****ing piece of ****, what the **** is wrong with you, you were tailgating me the entire way and I was sitting exactly on the speedlimit (at this point I noticed there was 3 kids in the car, about 8-12 years old) If there was any on coming traffic, all your kids and yourself would be dead(they all started to cry at this point), what the **** is wrong, get a real ****ing car and learn how to drive, you inconsiderate heap of ****, get the **** off the road and go die you piece of ****.

He just looked at me blankly for a few seconds (with all the kids still crying very loudly), I put my window up and calmly drove off down the road, didn't even take it above 3000rpm.

This guy was so lucky, if I had been doing 110kmh he would have hit the cow, and if there had been oncoming traffic, well I'd still be there with the police mopping up everyones remains!

mpau009
16-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Lucky, very lucky, a friend of one of my friends hit a cow in the country, doing 100, in a CRX, it decimated the car, crushed both a pillars, and nearly came right through the windscreen.

...but nice work on the swearing BTW:P

And for the record, if you hit a cow like that the farmers insurance should cover it, since they have a responsibility to ensure their fences are sound.

bradc
16-04-2007, 08:05 AM
yeah I swear I have no idea how he missed me before he swerved to the other side, it was so close. I probably wouldn't have sworn so much, but as soon as the children started crying I thought that this was my chance to cure this guy of tailgating for the rest of his life.

As for the insurance, yeah I know about that too, I'm sure the guys fences were fine, it's just something that happens, cows can quite easily jump fences if they are excited enough.

Kenneth
16-04-2007, 08:06 AM
heh, I wouldn't even have driven at 100km/h down the road I think you are talking about... :P

bloody lucky he stopped (for his kids that is)

What a moron. Good on you for having a go at him, hopefully he will think a bit more from now on.

bradc
16-04-2007, 08:12 AM
you know 'batty' road, just before you turn down my road? it was on that road down one of the straights there, barely wide enough for two cars.

Lillywotsername
16-04-2007, 08:18 AM
I agree.... Good on ya Brad. I wish I could have a go at some of the tailgaters that seem to park themselves on my bumper.

I'm sorry but I think it is as bad if not worse than roadrage, and even worse still is when they are 5cm from your tailpipes and they are on the phone....../Grrr /Grrr

Ok rant over.

Kenneth
16-04-2007, 08:18 AM
you know 'batty' road, just before you turn down my road? it was on that road down one of the straights there, barely wide enough for two cars.

Yeah, thats the road I was thinking about...

Still cant get over how stupid you would have to be to tailgate a car in a 4wd...
In saying that, tailgating is dumb full stop.

BraindG
16-04-2007, 08:31 AM
One thing though - bet he wont be doing any more tailgating!

Lucky one there Brad.

Rossco Type-S
16-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Good work Brad!

I hate 4wd drivers!!! Not too long ago I had a v8 landcruiser tailgating me at 110 km/h, then I noticed he was chatting on a cellphone and barley concentrating on the road. I was tempted to brake hard to get him to rear-end me and get hime done for careless driving.

Subaru ETA
16-04-2007, 11:07 AM
i dude at works mate did the whole slamed on the brakes to scare a tailgater and got hit. a witness told the cops they saw him hit the brakes and he got done for careless use of a motor vehcile causing an accident!

vr4moose
16-04-2007, 01:04 PM
The last 10km or so of my drive home is along country roads, and they are all sign posted at 100kmh, I stick to this fairly strictly simply because there are lots of driveways and intersections and you never really know whats going to happen. I was driving along at just under 100kmh when a 4wd (landcruiser) caught up to me quite quickly and started to tailgate me, so I just sat on exactly 100kmh and didn't pay much attention to him at all.

Suddenly my headlights pick up a cow a short distance away, right in the middle of the two lanes. I slam the brakes on as hard as possible, the cow is right in the middle of the road and the road is narrow so there is no real way I can go around the cow. The guy in the 4wd naturally has no chance of stopping, while I brace myself for impact (I was doing about 60kmh and I thought he was going to go straight through my rear window at about 80kmh) he managed to swerve onto the wrong side of the road and slide to a stop about 2 car lengths in front of me, about 1 meter away from the cow, who didn't move a millimetre the entire way through this, even when my abs came on at about 40kmh.

I pulled up along beside the 4wd and went completely totally insane with shouting and swearing, it went something along the lines of:

Learn how to drive you stupid ****ing piece of ****, what the **** is wrong with you, you were tailgating me the entire way and I was sitting exactly on the speedlimit (at this point I noticed there was 3 kids in the car, about 8-12 years old) If there was any on coming traffic, all your kids and yourself would be dead(they all started to cry at this point), what the **** is wrong, get a real ****ing car and learn how to drive, you inconsiderate heap of ****, get the **** off the road and go die you piece of ****.

He just looked at me blankly for a few seconds (with all the kids still crying very loudly), I put my window up and calmly drove off down the road, didn't even take it above 3000rpm.

This guy was so lucky, if I had been doing 110kmh he would have hit the cow, and if there had been oncoming traffic, well I'd still be there with the police mopping up everyones remains! AND THEY WONDER WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HURT, AND CARS IN SCRAP YARDS,,,, IDIOTS....

Kieran
16-04-2007, 01:31 PM
One of the few stories I've read where I've felt that the venting of anger against another motorist was thoroughly justified.

White Lightning
16-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Nice one Brad. Sounds like you were very lucky though.

Surprised you didn't tone down the swearing once you spotted the kids though ... :baby:

White Lightning
16-04-2007, 05:16 PM
heh, I wouldn't even have driven at 100km/h down the road I think you are talking about...

Is that because of the extra drag caused by that huge facelift bumper meaning that you can't get up to speeds that high?

:P

richy rich
16-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Good on you Brad

I hate this type of driving.

A few months ago i was in the old sh1tty spazcort, driving at 40mph in a 40 limit and some ass hole came up behind me as if i was in reverse. The he was tailgating me so close i couldn't get a piece of paper between us, so i taped on the brakes to worn him off, he didn't take any notice so i just started to slow down (if he hit me at 10mph better than 40) and he still sat on my bumper so i braked a little hard to worn him off again, he still didn't back off, i was now doing 10mph so fook it emergency stop time and yes you guessed it BANG.

We both get out of our cars

Him: Why did you do that.

Me: A dog run out didn't you see it.

Him: No

Me: Well is a good job we weren't DOING 40 YOU ASS HOLE.

Him: OK how much not to go though insurance

Me: £100

He paid, i drove off, damage to my car cracked bumper on a heap of sh1t car.

His car a few year old car bent bonnet 2 broken head lights. (cant remember what it was)

/haz /haz /haz all the way home.

bradc
16-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Wayne, when I saw the kids I continued on because I decided I really wanted him to feel bad. As for the road, it isn't that bad really, it is nice and straight, just a little narrow.

Kenneth
16-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Is that because of the extra drag caused by that huge facelift bumper meaning that you can't get up to speeds that high?

:P

O ye owners of only 1 VR-4...
How about I amend it to: I wouldn't have done 100km/h in either the facelift OR prefacelift VR-4!

In saying that, first thing to do is get rid of the prefacelift bumper and put on the aftermarket one.

Good little dig there though! :D

White Lightning
16-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Good little dig there though! :D

:thumbsup:

ralliart-type-s
17-04-2007, 12:16 AM
I dragged a white van man outta his van one day and made him cry by shouting at him for tailgating me, he was lucky I didnt slap him but by the time I finished I reckon he would have preferred it!! lol.

KiwiTT
17-04-2007, 04:03 AM
... in a 4wd...
In saying that, tailgating is dumb full stop.If you own a 4wd "truck" you don't have to worry about other drivers ... or so they think. "I won't get hurt, only what I hit will." mentality.

djb160
17-04-2007, 04:35 AM
I dragged a white van man outta his van one day and made him cry by shouting at him for tailgating me, he was lucky I didnt slap him but by the time I finished I reckon he would have preferred it!! lol.

Chortles

MunkyWrench
17-04-2007, 06:58 AM
haha nice.

I was at the A1GP in taupo in january and an old guy driving a respectable car (you know, not loud, factory mags and full airbag err wife sitting next to him) decided to tail gate me. I hate this and never let it persist. I slowed down, so he would either back off or pass, but he decides i'm being an ass and gates me closer and closer until i felt i couldnt let off the gas anymore for fear of him actually contacting me....

Well in the end we were doing about 15kph, holding up everyone driving away from the event with my passenger leaning out spitting on his car(he is very good at it). And I did have the option of seeing a stray emu run across the road.

DONT F**KING TAIL GATE.

It is like driving with your eyes closed and your brake foot behind your head.

Remember, no matter what happens on the road, don't get out of your car to make yourself heard. you don't know what you could yourself into.

ralliart-type-s
17-04-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree with munkywrench but im 6ft5 and 19 stone so there isnt much bigger out there!! I'll **** myself onea these days tho!!

You See
18-04-2007, 12:54 PM
It is like driving with your eyes closed
Gimme a break people, I can't help it....I'm asian!!!! /Hissy