PDA

View Full Version : srs side airbgas

coltmotors
18-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Does anyone with a v6-24 or similar with srs seat airbags know which plug under the seat is for the airbags??
is it the red plug housed inside a yellow corrugated conduit/sleeving??.

it is so i can unplug them safely when removing the front seats.

Paul Beazer
18-04-2007, 01:32 PM
not sure which cable it is,

BUT

Dont unplug it unless you have had the battery disconnected for at least 10 minutes. Dont plug it back in unless the battery is still disconnected. Otherwise you will prob end up with the SRS light on (although this may happen anyway). If the SRS light stays on you'll need to got to Mitsu to reset it using their MUTII.

peter thomson
18-04-2007, 01:39 PM
In my old car the SRS cables were also in a yellow shield with red plugs. I assume the shield is to prevent damage to the cables and prevent the air bags going off at the wrong time. I was also told the SRS ecu had to be reset by the dealer if different air bags were fitted but this was in an old Range Rover

coltmotors
18-04-2007, 01:58 PM
ok thanks , ill disconect the battery first, i was going to rule out the airbag wire by trial and error , ie: disconnect one at a time (3 of) and see what dosent work, but obviously i dont want a smack in the mouth with the sidebag!!.

Nick Mann
18-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I have taken the steering wheel airbag off and put it on without disconnecting the battery. I am not suggesting that this is clever, but I have never had a problem - either with SRS lights or black eyes! I also tried a different airbag to see if it was okay (according to the SRS dashboard light) and again, no problem.