PDA

View Full Version : FS: 99 VR-4 Legnum Facelift Model

tunes
07-12-2003, 11:25 PM
TUNES is now up for sale... I imported this VR-4 over from Japan in August this year and am reluctantly selling it due to an upcoming investment.

99 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 - facelift model
58,700 Km's Gen
2500cc Twin Turbo 4wd AYC
5 Speed tiptronic gearbox
17 inch mag wheels
3 inch RSR ExMag 2 Muffler
CD player with standard 6 speaker system
Full tan leather interior
Wood grain Nardi Torino steering wheel
Aftermarket bodykit
Professionally lowered
Pearl white
Warranted till May 04

$24,990 ono NZ, Auckland

Pictures can be viewed at: www.cardomain.com/id/tunes

email: GavinH@xtra.co.nz
phone: 021 547 767

note: the car is now debadged, minus the red VR-4 and the front windows have been tinted. There are no engine mods. Everything you see on the car is included minus the liscence plates.

No time wasters please.

Spirit
08-12-2003, 12:04 AM
Sorry to see you are selling her mate - hope she finds a good home

tunes
08-12-2003, 01:09 AM
Thanks bud :) Quite sad to see her go but i am looking towards a solid investment which should see me back in the drivers seat of something extra special within 12 months.

Spirit
08-12-2003, 08:26 AM
Thanks bud :) Quite sad to see her go but i am looking towards a solid investment which should see me back in the drivers seat of something extra special within 12 months.

He who dares wins, as they say :D Good luck with that

Nick Mann
08-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Works out at about £9300! What a bargain! The UK market would snap it up at that price, but I guess shipping to the furthest point on the planet would not be cheap.

Good luck in finding a new owner!

tunes
08-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Would love to see one of the UK boys or girls in this. NZ has a problem as a large number of drivers will pay bottom dollar for a car and not worry about the high mileage etc As long as it has the right badge on it they tend to be happy... Cheap skates!

Ultra VR-4
09-12-2003, 02:19 AM
sell me your front bumper and bonnett and then swap with my standard one. :D

tunes
09-12-2003, 03:15 AM
haha have already had another person call me up and make an offer on just the eyelits... how rude! :D

Kieran
09-12-2003, 08:30 AM
:topic:My curiosity has the better of me... What is your cunning investment plan?

tunes
09-12-2003, 10:47 PM
I can't give out too much information or else the rest of you will be competition for me. It may also spark a mass selling of VR-4's across the UK and NZ with people copying what i am doing and we can't have that now can we? :-D Let's just say it is a unique investment opportunity that i am attempting to create in collaboration with another investor or two :p

tunes
09-12-2003, 10:50 PM
I am going to miss my wagon like hell though :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Brind
09-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Good luck whatever it is mate!!! :wiggle:

SGHOM
09-12-2003, 11:16 PM
I assume [ or should I say hope ] it's property ?? :-b I'm tempted to follow my NZ mate with his investment scheme. It's paying off big style !! :cool1: :D

Ultra VR-4
09-12-2003, 11:19 PM
I assume [ or should I say hope ] it's property ?? :-b I'm tempted to follow my NZ mate with his investment scheme. It's paying off big style !! :cool1: :D

Dude cars are cheap in NZ, but property isnt, well not in Auckland anyway. The easiest way to make money in NZ at the moment is methemphetemenes.

SGHOM
09-12-2003, 11:24 PM
The easiest way to make money in NZ at the moment is methemphetemenes.

methemphetemenes ????????........... woooossshh !!! straight over my head !!

tunes
09-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Methamphetamines as in P, Ice, Speed etc. That would also be the easiest way to see yourself spending the next 6-10 behind bars and lose all your possessions or have both your arms broken by a deal gone sour.

No, it isn't property although i will be looking towards some out of Auckland within the next two years. I would not classify property as a true asset or investment as there are no gurantees that you are going to profit from it.

tunes
09-12-2003, 11:39 PM
:topic:

:gossip:

SGHOM
09-12-2003, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=tunes]Methamphetamines as in P, Ice, Speed etc. That would also be the easiest way to see yourself spending the next 6-10 behind bars and lose all your possessions or have both your arms broken by a deal gone sour.

lets not go there, thank you. goodnight.

tunes
09-12-2003, 11:44 PM
Sorry, didn't realise people were adverse to talking about current social issues...

Hey, aren't i supposed to be selling my car?! lol

SGHOM
10-12-2003, 10:30 PM

No, it isn't property although i will be looking towards some out of Auckland within the next two years. I would not classify property as a true asset or investment as there are no gurantees that you are going to profit from it.

property can be a true asset, & you'll find that many if not all of the wealthiest people around have, & continue to make there money from property. I am looking into an investment scheme, but It's a bit out of my reach at the moment. once you've overcome finding the initial set up/buy in costs, then the profitability is very high.
without divulging too much. [ further info available by PM ] here's how a couple of people I know have made a nice "earner" out of property.
there are companies out there who genuinely do help people get a foot hold onthe property ladder. they buy large numbers of properties at knock down prices, & I dont mean run down properties either, only high quality corporate letting properties. they do this by offering to buy properties from the buiders before they are either built or sold. any building company, large or small will gladly sell there properties for a good discount, if someone with "clout" offers to buy, say, a third of them.
these companies then offer the opportunity for individuals to buy these properties, at a knock down price, [ dont worry !! they still make plenty ! ]
I'll give you a couple of examples of how it works, & I've seen these properties, & all the figures involed.
property 1; in a northern city. designer "loft appartment" [ all flats now sold, by the way ] on the market for £125,000. purchased for £95,000. furnished & let @ £xxx pcm. mortgage £ xxx [ cant divulge. because all the mortgages on each property are different ]
so, after legal costs etc, a decent income on the letting. next step. remortgage !!! up to the value of the flat. which releases the equity to either p**s up against a wall or, it's your deposit on the next one !!
property 2; new build, 4 bed house in pe*******gh. £235,000. bought for £202.000. rental income is approx £500 above the mortgage per month. & a healthy equity to release.
in short, they, [ the investment company ] guarantee a minmum of £1 million portfolio, & £100,000 income within 12 months. sounds good to me, but I aint got the capitol to invest at the mo !!. & also the properties can be anywhere in the world. one has just been declined in the bahamas, only because the completion date is too far away, & his money would be tied up too long before an income was forthcoming. but the return on rental was huge !!
my mate now just waits for the phone to ring, then either says yes, or no, & the rest is taken care of !! & the little t**t has just bought a seat leon cupra R from the proceeds of his 1st deal. :sick:
just think what you could do to your VR4 with an income like that ?? :cool1:

Ultra VR-4
10-12-2003, 10:43 PM
It takes 2 things to make money from property.
Time & money... I dont have either at the moment, all I have is a VR4.

SGHOM
10-12-2003, 10:56 PM
It takes 2 things to make money from property.
Time & money... I dont have either at the moment, all I have is a VR4.
Me too !! :noshake:

tunes
10-12-2003, 10:58 PM
I agree with you to some extent but i define an asset as something which puts money into my pocket and a liability as something that takes money out of my pocket. A house does both which is why i don't define it as a true asset.

Ultra VR-4
10-12-2003, 11:02 PM
I would so much like to buy your front bumper, bonnett and eyelids. :-D

SGHOM
10-12-2003, 11:05 PM
owning your own house is an asset, but can be costly. getting someone else to pay the costs on your property ?? thats profit. you only make money when you buy a property, not when you sell.

tunes
10-12-2003, 11:06 PM
haha everyone has been offering me cash for those three!!! How about you take the whole car? :)

SGHOM
10-12-2003, 11:11 PM
sorry all, I feel like I've highjacked a thread !! :lipsrseal :nono:

tunes
10-12-2003, 11:11 PM
Yet again i agree but as i said a true asset is something which does not continually take money from your pocket. While a house can be a source of income it also takes away money through rates, upkeep etc etc. My family own a number of properties and soon INSERT INTO post VALUES (a year or two) i will be playing the property game myself.

tunes
10-12-2003, 11:14 PM
sorry all, I feel like I've highjacked a thread !! :lipsrseal :nono:

haha better feel guilty bitch! ;)

It's a good discussion so don't worry about it. It is keeping my thread up at the top and scoring heaps of views so im not fussed :)

ps. Anyone want to by a VR-4 Legnum :3d: ?

SGHOM
10-12-2003, 11:22 PM
property will take money from your pocket, but if the income outweighs the expenditure then surely it's an asset. dont pay for the property yourself, let the tennants. we all know how much the upkeep on a house is. but if your in a position to buy to let, then I think it's prudent to not worry about letting it out, as long as your costs are covered, & you gain from the capitol growth.

tunes
11-12-2003, 10:02 PM
btw... anyone want to buy my car? ;)

Ultra VR-4
11-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Dude, mostly everyone on this forum has their own VR4...
Take it to auckland car fair...

tunes
13-12-2003, 10:42 PM
If there is one thing i know it is sales. Just using every possible avenue and hoping word of mouth will help find me a buyer.

Spirit
13-12-2003, 11:04 PM
I for one can't believe it isn't snapped up already !

tunes
14-12-2003, 06:36 AM
That's the NZ market for you. They prefer high K cars with the correct badges on them, slap on some stupid looking and over the top wheels and they are content. No class hehe

tunes
10-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Sold :D

Big Kev
10-02-2004, 12:57 AM
so what are you gonna drive next

Spirit
10-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Sold :D
Congratulations mate ;)

tunes
10-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Sad to see it go but will be worth it.

Looking at a 94 XJ6 at the moment which i should be able to pick up quite cheaply through a family friend who imports cars.

97_Legnum
06-07-2005, 06:49 AM
Shame it wasn't manual with a Moonroof, I would have brought it before you advertised it for sale... lol