PDA

View Full Version : Pukekohe V8s

You See
20-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Anyone gone/going?
I went to today's practice run...awesome day out! ..Plus free food & alcohol in the corporate tents! :P
..remember that this will be the last time it'll be held at Pukekohe...Over to Hamz next year!
Here's a few pics I captured, sorry no promo girl shots this time round (well maybe one!) :P

Wouter
20-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Is that Spirit's car in the second last pic!! /haz

You See
20-04-2007, 09:11 AM
If it is, I feel sorry for him in the last pic! /haz

bradc
20-04-2007, 09:27 AM
lol, I thought the same thing!

Uc - I'm dropping my mum off at the v8's tomorrow morning as well, what time are you going there? I could drop you both off at once, your car is probably safer at my place than down at the track

Subaru ETA
20-04-2007, 09:59 AM
what corperate one were you in??
im going and its the first year i have actually had to pay for my ticket! i usually get free 3 day passes thru for in the ford grandstand (always funny sitting there in my holden gears :p ) so yes i will be in the murphy stand $130 poorer

You See
20-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the offer dude...but I won't be going tomorrow..had the option, but can't really be bothered with another practice day...Trying to source a spare ticket for Sunday's race day tho. :)
We got corporate parking, so parking isn't too much of an issue. :P

You See
20-04-2007, 10:02 AM
what corperate one were you in??
I was in the tents up on Ford Mountain (H3) as part of Nylex. ;)

Subaru ETA
20-04-2007, 10:04 AM
yeah they are mean seats aye... thats where i usually am! we got a new dealer princapl and he blood gave all the north harbour ford grandstand tickets to his mates! what a cock!

You See
20-04-2007, 10:14 AM
haha...hard luck! ..the Ford Mountain and Holden Corner seats are probably the best places to sit - That's where most of the accidents happen! muahahahahaha!
Corporate is great...free food and drinks! (well it was for me...sorry dude ..lol)

Subaru ETA
20-04-2007, 11:39 AM
/Grrr

Xeroid
22-04-2007, 10:07 AM
We did Puke today, courtesy of an unnamed Computer Company. Over in the hosting on top of the pits so's you could look down when they all came in for tyres and duct tape fixes. Saw a couple of prangs oncluding the last race flip and some fence bashing by the taxi racers. Got some pix coming through esses and up Ford Hill, about 15 gigs of them !! Beer, wine, food, it was TOUGH out there I tell you..

Then get back to the Leggy over in the parking paddock and a Holden driver comes up and drools all over it, apparently his son now has an STR ( insurance wouldn't allow the turbs ) so might have pulled up another member from Hamilton way.

Did Red Hot Chili Peppers the night before, not bad but bl00dy loud and lots of high frquency feedback noise and we came out just before the end. They're good but a bit unorganised, shifts between songs etc, vocals not clear. Just as well we had a few big Leffe Bruins and lambshanks at the Belgian Pub before hand.

It was a rough weekend but someone has to do it ...yeah right !!

Subaru ETA
22-04-2007, 10:13 AM
answer me this....when the nzv8 went up in flames, why did the fire trucks go all the wasy around the circuit to get to it instead of going the other way which would have taken 2 secs instead of how ever long it takes a fire truck to get around pukekohe???

bradc
22-04-2007, 10:42 AM
cause they can only turn right?

Kenneth
22-04-2007, 11:04 AM
perhaps in case there was other racing traffic on the track.

Subaru ETA
23-04-2007, 07:08 AM
well surley you can turn left if a car is on fire. plus all the cars had been brought around and parked on the grid at this stage. just thought it was kinda strange

Xeroid
23-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Race rules state must go in the direction of racing, prevent head-ons.
Personally I would have snuck along the inside track grass and ducked across,. Didn't matter much, it was a burnout anyway. Firetruck should have been positioned better, upstream from the most dangerous corner, the hairpin.

He probably had great fun ripping the Firetruck down the back straight, faster than a Holden, .. or a Ford LOL

I got a pic of the car that flipped off the outside rail on Sunday, and another of one clipping the grass and dirt on the outside before he hit the fence.