PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out

sunny sr
22-04-2007, 04:23 PM
when going fast around a right hand bend if im nealy in the red or there abouts the car seem to cut out (as if its hiting the limmiter but it isnt) it only seems to be when going fast round a right hand bend has any one else had the same problem
Thanks Carl

BraindG
22-04-2007, 05:06 PM
whats the fuel level like?

Wodjno
22-04-2007, 06:09 PM
when going fast around a right hand bend if im nealy in the red or there abouts the car seem to cut out (as if its hiting the limmiter but it isnt) it only seems to be when going fast round a right hand bend has any one else had the same problem
Thanks Carl

What car is it ?

bradc
22-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Could be the stability control and traction control system cutting in?

BraindG
22-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Could be the stability control and traction control system cutting in?
oh aye - i mind going out in wouters car, joining slip road to join motorway, floored it while on a 90 degree to get onto sliproad, and the car just... stopped.. well it didn’t stop, it just didn’t do anything until it straightened up.. stupid TC - who ever invented that needs shooting.

Kieran
23-04-2007, 12:27 AM
oh aye - i mind going out in wouters car, joining slip road to join motorway, floored it while on a 90 degree to get onto sliproad, and the car just... stopped.. well it didn’t stop, it just didn’t do anything until it straightened up.. stupid TC - who ever invented that needs shooting.

/pan You TC haters need to review your driving habits! Flooring it on a 90 degree bend?!?! /pan /pan

You can always switch it off, you know... /Devil5 /Devil5

bradc
23-04-2007, 03:55 AM
Kieran - you can switch it off, but the stability control still kicks in and hits the brakes hard enough to make it feel like you've stopped accelerating. I hate it!

KHK
23-04-2007, 04:21 AM
u folks really gutsy to floor on 90degree bend!

rayray24
23-04-2007, 08:16 AM
My old '96' vr4 did this, it just cut out on me, no power nothing, stalled. Never did find out why it did it but the gearbox was leaking at the time and i'll been driving all day so i'm going to agree with the problem being the TC.

Does it kick out of gear when you go around a sharp bend?

KHK
23-04-2007, 08:25 AM
what does TC do in cutting out? cutting the fuel?
i'd try this out in open space

BraindG
23-04-2007, 08:59 AM
what does TC do in cutting out? cutting the fuel?
i'd try this out in open space
just cuts the power i think.

BraindG
23-04-2007, 09:00 AM
u folks really gutsy to floor on 90degree bend!
/flex-muscles

hey, its all fun! :p

sunny sr
23-04-2007, 08:20 PM
sry didnt think of putting what car it is its a vr4 1999 auto could well be tc now its been said ,there is a problem with the abs on the car broken sensor i think
so ive disconnected a conector for the abs its also made the ayc light come on so sure that wnt be helping
and it had quater of a tank left dosent stay full for very long lol as you all will know
also i was only putting the cheap 95 ron fuel in dont know if this would be a prob but ive stoped been stingey and im putting the 98 ron in now lol
it may not have tc as ive just read i nanother thread about facelift cars not having it i dnt know much about the car as it has no handbook or anything and ive only just got it lol

KHK
27-04-2007, 09:00 AM
accidentally in the past few days, i find that Super VR4 has TC on/off button right side of steering wheel
and no such on/off switch in my MT VR4 and the facelift Legnum VR4

bradc
27-04-2007, 09:23 AM
khk - thats because the super vr-4 is a prefacelift auto, so it comes with traction control and stability control, NO manuals ever came with that, and I haven't seen a single facelift auto vr-4 with tcl+asc.