PDA

View Full Version : Weekend's progress ...

White Lightning
22-04-2007, 07:51 PM
I've been busy on the VR-4 this weekend and managed to clear some of the jobs that needed doing ... :pimp2:

First up was the front brake upgrade. I have now fitted my EBC turbo grooved (and dimpled) discs and EBC redstuff ceramic pads. I was able to take my time and gave the brakes a real good overhaul giving everything a really good clean. Also, used my Castrol Red Rubber grease for the sliding bolts and replaced my sliding bolts dust seals on the passenger side (one of the originals was split).

Second was to replace the front exhaust section ("downpipes"). The blowing on my knackered flexi just got too bad so decided to bite the bullet and get a complete new section from Mitsi whilst ordering my new anti-roll bar. As I was ordering so much stuff I was able to get a nice discount ... :pimp2:

Pic 1 and Pic 2 show the new front brakes.

Pic 3 shows the old / new downpipes. Note the knackered flexi ...

Pic 4 shows the new downpipes fitted ...

So, that was Saturday.

Today, I have replaced my rear pads and given everything a good clean up and have bled the brakes all round. Also, have been out to bed the brakes in ... :scholar: ... First impressions of brakes are good :thumbsup:

Spirit
22-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Looking good mate.....top work :pimp2:

CANDEE
22-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Looks awesome dude... :)

n13l pm
22-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Looking good mate..

CANDEE
22-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Are you running the discs and the red stuffs on all corners?

White Lightning
22-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Are you running the discs and the red stuffs on all corners?

No, just on the front at the moment with standard rears.

BraindG
22-04-2007, 11:24 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm more shiney bits!

Argh, im so jealous Wayne /Grrr

Physician
23-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Great work Wayne ......... gives you loads of satisfaction doing a job properly. :)

KHK
23-04-2007, 08:20 AM
looks gorgeous especially the disc

the downpipe, is the diameter the same with the old one?
could u tell the effect after replacement of the new downpipe?

White Lightning
23-04-2007, 08:42 AM
......... gives you loads of satisfaction doing a job properly. :)

Absolutely ... /yes

White Lightning
23-04-2007, 08:44 AM
looks gorgeous especially the disc

the downpipe, is the diameter the same with the old one?
could u tell the effect after replacement of the new downpipe?

Thanks.

Yes, the downpipes are just a standard replacement from Mitsi so the same diameter.

The most noticeable difference was that it was not blowing like a bu66er anymore. The car now seems to tick over better (not a surprise given where the oxygen sensor is located) and did feel nice and responsive whilst I was doing the bedding in of the brakes last night ... :scholar: