PDA

View Full Version : Help with turbo timer wiring??

TAR
25-04-2007, 04:57 PM
OK, Ive got a 2nd hand turbo timer which supposedly has a Legnum loom adapter fitted.

Its an FET ERG 050 super intelligent timer.

What I need to know is what do the loose wires connect to???

I suspect that one is to the handbrake but have no idea which one or what the others are for.

Anyone able to help.

sorry about the poor quality pictures

Nick Mann
25-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Will the plugs just fit in the loom near the back of the ignition? It looks like the loom could be unplugged and then the turbo timer could be fitted in series?

TAR
25-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Yes Nick, the loom should just plug in.

Its the loose wires I am wondering about. There is a black/red stripe and a grey/red stripe wire directly out of the back of the box and a green and a red wire connected out of the adapter.

I think the grey/red stripe wire is for the handbrake.

The others I've no idea.

Kieran
25-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Will the plugs just fit in the loom near the back of the ignition? It looks like the loom could be unplugged and then the turbo timer could be fitted in series?

Yes, most turbo timers are like that. As for the 'Spare' wires.... One will undoubtedly be an handbrake 'kill' switch wire. As it's an 'intelligent' timer, it probably calculates the amount of time it needs to keep the car idling by measuring the system voltage - this is how some of the others do it, so I imagine one of the other connectors might be for connection to a +12v ignition circuit. However, it might do this off the multiplug.

I'd try fitting the multiplug and see what happens.

Gly
25-04-2007, 08:24 PM
black earth, grey hand brake

red and green maybe go to your alarm (if you have one)
so it can still arm with the TT on, and fully immoblise when it turns off

TAR
25-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Cheers Gly, I will try those connections.