PDA

View Full Version : Adult in me vs child

Paulie
25-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Having suspected issues with my stock dump valve, its time for a change, I was just wondering if anyone has a Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive Dump Valve fitted, and if they have experienced any problems with it. Or perhaps I may be better keeping my sensible hat on and going for a re-circ like

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m7b11s192p1069

Also, how do the trumpet and the sus filter compare noise wise on the Blitz??

ralliart-type-s
25-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I have an HKS bov fitted. It's an atmos one and I love it, I also have a blitz sus and the sound you get from the turbos is really nice, like a faint howl with a soft whistle sound. the vent to air dump is great and can be done with a recirc, just disconnect the pipe that goes back into the intake and put a bung in it (£10) if you dont like/want the noise just remove the bung and reconnect pipe to bov. it's a 5 min job!

Paulie
25-04-2007, 11:16 PM
had no probs with the HKS then, read a few stories about some valves causing the car to stall?!?!

Gly
26-04-2007, 08:21 AM
only cheap **** copys cause stalling, poorly made, etc.
ive has no issues with my Sard R2D2,

VTA and pretty loud!

You See
26-04-2007, 08:26 AM
only cheap **** copys cause stalling, poorly made, etc.
ive has no issues with my Sard R2D2,

VTA and pretty loud!
I had issues with a Greddy/Trust Type R BOV which caused constant stalling.
And yup, I can hear your BOV when you drive past my street! :P

Paulie
26-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Sweet, I like the sound of the R2D2, just found a uk supplier at cheaper than the Blitz and the HKS, just £178 bargain. Think the child in me is winning!/toycar

Paulie
26-04-2007, 08:28 PM
http://www.sumopower.com/sardbov.htm by the way, if anyone does not already know!!

Kieran
26-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Paulie - when you get the R2D2 fitted, would you mind posting up a sound clip? I have a recirc at the moment, but I will need to revert to a VTA in a few months time.....:scholar:

Paulie
26-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Will do my best, its next in line for when the wallet re-fills!!:greedy:

ralliart-type-s
26-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Another bov which sounds crisp and is inexpensive is the forge twin piston one. I had one on my car for a while and liked it lots. Keeping it for winter so my HKS doesnt corrode.

Paulie
28-04-2007, 10:46 AM
I have an HKS bov fitted. It's an atmos one and I love it, I also have a blitz sus and the sound you get from the turbos is really nice, like a faint howl with a soft whistle sound. the vent to air dump is great and can be done with a recirc, just disconnect the pipe that goes back into the intake and put a bung in it (£10) if you dont like/want the noise just remove the bung and reconnect pipe to bov. it's a 5 min job!

This gave me a little idea!!
To help me make up my mind as to if I could live with a VTA, I have whipped the recirc pipe off the stock dump valve and put a bung in it ( lid off a bottle of paul smith extreme aftershave is perfect fit into the pipe!) Now I can drive around for a couple of weeks to see if I like it, or just get it out of my system!
also gotta remember that a dedicated VTA will sound even better!:D

Paulie
28-04-2007, 01:00 PM

et voila

ako
29-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Bear in mind the stock valve won't act like an aftermarket VTA valve - the stock one is designed to leak slightly at idle, so the stalling etc you sometimes get with VTA valves will be worse with the factory one vented. It also leaks slightly under boost so you'll run a bit richer.

Reverse it and it will be slightly better though!

Paulie
29-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the extra info, I knew it would make the problem worse, but I wanted to know if I enjoyed the vent noise before I spent a couple of hundred pounds on a vta! Its like a new toy!:happy:

ralliart-type-s
29-04-2007, 02:30 PM
This gave me a little idea!!
To help me make up my mind as to if I could live with a VTA, I have whipped the recirc pipe off the stock dump valve and put a bung in it ( lid off a bottle of paul smith extreme aftershave is perfect fit into the pipe!) Now I can drive around for a couple of weeks to see if I like it, or just get it out of my system!
also gotta remember that a dedicated VTA will sound even better!:D

Paulie. Please check the bung you have used isnt being sucked up the pipe!! You should use the correct bungs as they have a shoulder on them to ensure this does not happen, sorry ,should have warned of this.

(just looked at pic and seems to be ok, but check anyway m8)

ralliart-type-s
29-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Does the pssshhhht appeal?

Paulie
29-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Its pretty secure, and made of sturdy stuff, im not too concerned about it, THANKS for the heads up tho! Im loving the pssshhht at the moment so I can see me shelling out for the R2D2 pretty soon!:pimp2:

ralliart-type-s
30-04-2007, 10:59 PM
LOL it's mint scaring grannies and young children isnt it??

Paulie
01-05-2007, 08:42 AM
So good Ive ordered the R2D2 from RHDjapan, may take a little while as Ive ordered it on the first day of Golden Week out there.:thinking: I cant wait, from what I hear its a loud one!!!/toycar

Gly
01-05-2007, 08:51 AM
very, LOL!

i love it... wind up the boost and it just gets louder :P

Paulie
17-05-2007, 10:54 AM
The R2D2 turned up from RHDJapan this morning for the grand total of £94, Sweet! feel like a kid at christmas, it looks mean! Just gotta wait until the missus buggers off to work, and I can go fit!

Paulie
21-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Gly, did your valve take much setting up??
I seem to have to let the car get nice and warm, and then some before it will start "Dumping".
Ive set it up to just before it starts giving me idle problems!

Gly
22-05-2007, 01:31 AM
nope, mine works fine,

but as yours its takes a bit of warming to loosen up on cold mornings.

its got about 3-4 coils exposed on the adjustment nut.