PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr It won't be ready this weekend

bradc
26-04-2007, 11:01 PM
So Gary got my new rebuilt turbo's on with new compressor and turbines, drives down the street and the bolt on the end of the compressor wheel that holds the wheel in place comes off, and munches up all the blades in the process!!!

GRRRRRR

the bolt simply hadn't been done up tightly enough from when they had been rebuilt.

So now I have:

1 good stock compressor housing
1 cracked stock compressor housing
2 good new modified compressor housings

1 good new modified compressor wheel
1 destroyed new modified compressor wheel
2 good old compressor wheels

4 good turbine housings, two modified two stock
4 good turbine wheels, two modified two stock

I'm going to get him to build me up turbos with the new compressor housings and turbine housings, with the new modified turbine wheels, and the old compressor wheels to keep everything the same.

I think I've angered the gods or something and I'm just not going to get it back :( I promise I'll clean it every month and look after it!

CANDEE
26-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Damn......... /Grrr

The Vee
26-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Think you have the patience of a saint!! I'd be off the edge by now. /pan

bradc
26-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I think the turbines are the main bottleneck anyway, I did some searching on the Garrett website and found a turbo that they make that is rated for 200hp, the compressor is the same size as ours, but the turbine is a lot bigger, so I think the turbines are the bottleneck.

Hopefully the modified turbine wheels and stock compressor wheels make a good combination

william
27-04-2007, 04:33 AM
Sorry to hear that Brad - so near yet so far! You have been amazingly patient, so keep the chin up and get it sorted!

Wouter
27-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Unlucky mate! I hope it gets sorted soon!

AllBeItMine
27-04-2007, 11:12 AM
oh for **** sake :inquisiti

Gly
27-04-2007, 11:45 AM
what AllBeItMine said!!!

Paul Beazer
27-04-2007, 01:27 PM
FFS!!! /Grrr You must be gutted mate! Dont give up, it'll be worth it when its done!

White Lightning
28-04-2007, 09:34 AM
FFS!!! /Grrr You must be gutted mate! Dont give up, it'll be worth it when its done!

What he said. /yes

Chin up buddy ...

Gly
28-04-2007, 10:23 AM
any chance for a full list of mods thats garys done?

any new pictures?

bradc
28-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Autronic SM4

Twin batteries in the boot, one for the computer and sound system, other for starting the car with a clever little box which means once the car is started it will charge both :)

Evo 7 calipers, discs front and rear

Shiney piping from the turbo intakes to the sealed cold air box with two holes going down to the front bumper

Replaced all stupid flexi piping, and the piping from the Y pipe down to the intercooler, then back up to the throttle body

600x300x100 intercooler

Engine Oil cooler

Walbro fuel pump

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Iridium Spark Plugs

GFB blow off valve

Manual gearbox install :)