PDA

View Full Version : My 2003 Galant

Johnny_Cashed
29-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Here's what my car looks like after washing with Meguiars NXT Car wash, waxed by hand with Deep Crystal Stage 3 Carnuba wax, and the tyres treated with Endurance High Gloss tyre gel. Not up to some people's standards, but not bad for a couple of hours work.

Spirit
29-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Looks a fine job to me :2thumbsup and the best colour too !

Lillywotsername
29-04-2007, 02:16 PM
and the best colour too !

Oh don't you start Pete..... Look it is not up for debate! Silver is the best colour so nuh nuh!!!!:scholar: :deal2: /Nuuu

Sorry Johnny.... the car looks really nice and I think you will even get a Kieren seal of approval on the finish.

ralliart-type-s
29-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Mmmm, shiny. wana do mine now??

Nick VR4
29-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Looks wicxed :D well done

Spirit
29-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Silver is the best colour so nuh nuh!!!!

Now c'mon Lorr, you know that's not true......../pan

Fight ya for it :happy:

pitslayer
29-04-2007, 10:48 PM
silver FTW!!!!!!

well hopfully my clay kit should turn up tomorow, so i can start removing teh swirls and crap from my paint work.

BraindG
30-04-2007, 09:53 AM
mmmm, looks great!... which reminds me, best start on mine soon, Japfest is 20 days away :speechles

Kieran
30-04-2007, 01:30 PM
If I had another saloon, Black would have to be the colour! Just look at those reflections, the car looks dripping wet!:iloveyou: :iloveyou:

/Stares at pictures of shiny black car and drools....:happy:

Johnny_Cashed
30-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys, especially from kieran! I've learned a lot from your posts, and your links and also http://thedetailinghandbook.com there's a PDF file of it around somewhere. Using meguiars NXT car wash made a big difference, it looked pretty good with just that. The shop in Chesterfield (Road and Rally) I got it from didn't have any clay, so I'll probably have to get that online.

The deep crystal stage 2 polish I bought is an absolute pain to use by hand it would take ages to do a whole car with it, so I think I'll leave that alone for a while, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's really easy to get a good reflection on the pyrenees black, but it shows dust and dirt up a lot. The wax was easy to use though, the next thing I'm going to do is get some wheel wax, and some metal polysh or equivalent to do the exhaust tip. From the pics you can see how smoked side repeaters would look better on the car.

The endurance high gloss tyre gel seems to be lasting quite well too, although there's not really been any rain. Just to weigh in on the debate, I definetely think black is the best colour for a Galant :pimp2:

White Lightning
01-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Looks great /yes

I would be interested to see the difference between the NXT stuff and the Gold Class stuff. I am using Gold Class car wash and wax at the moment and will be prepping mine for Japfest with this stuff (with a bit of Claying in between).

For the wheels, I can recommend Mer Wheel Wax and you can't go wrong with Autosol for the exhaust tip :thumbsup:

Johnny_Cashed
01-05-2007, 12:54 PM
From what I've read on meguiars forums the only real thing NXT has over Gold Class is that it's designed for hard water areas, I suppose it somehow minimises deposits left on the car from the water? But Gold Class gives a better deeper shine, or so they say, hence some people use a 50/50 mix. Personally I think which ever you choose it's going to look good, next time I need some more I might go for the Gold Class though. I'll pick up some autosol to do the exhaust, thanks for the tip!

White Lightning
01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
From what I've read on meguiars forums the only real thing NXT has over Gold Class is that it's designed for hard water areas, I suppose it somehow minimises deposits left on the car from the water? But Gold Class gives a better deeper shine, or so they say, hence some people use a 50/50 mix. Personally I think which ever you choose it's going to look good, next time I need some more I might go for the Gold Class though. I'll pick up some autosol to do the exhaust, thanks for the tip!

No problem.

I do live in a hard water area here but don't get much of a problem with deposits. But that may be down to the way I wash the car. I always do it in the shade and I always rinse it off with fresh water and a sponge before doing the chamoising. Gold class does always seem to give it a good shine.

I was always an AutoGlym man before. Used to use the Shampoo & Conditioner, Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection. It used to bring the cars up lovely but I fancied giving Meguiars a try. Have only been using Meguiars since owning the VR-4 and I am pleased with it so far.

The Vee
01-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Gotta say, that black looks stunning, love to see them like that.

/By the way, you lot have obviously forgotten about roanne red..........tut tut/pan

pitslayer
13-05-2007, 04:49 PM
we havnt forgotten about roanne red, its just not cool enough to mention, especialy up against silver......
you can see how cool roanne red is just from the name
roanne sounds like
rowan atkinson, hes not very cool, he has an nsx, not cool thow
rowan williams, that bishop guy in the churches, hes definatly not cool
rosanne, thats right we all remember her, and how cool she was dont we...
i rest my case
/pan /pan /pan /Devil5 /haz /Nuuu

besides its silver all the time its the best colour evah

psbarham
14-05-2007, 10:18 PM
we havnt forgotten about roanne red, its just not cool enough to mention, especialy up against silver......
you can see how cool roanne red is just from the name
roanne sounds like
rowan atkinson, hes not very cool, he has an nsx, not cool thow
rowan williams, that bishop guy in the churches, hes definatly not cool
rosanne, thats right we all remember her, and how cool she was dont we...
i rest my case
/pan /pan /pan /Devil5 /haz /Nuuu

besides its silver all the time its the best colour evah
and chidren , this is the reason not to do drugs /pan or volkswagons

pitslayer
15-05-2007, 02:11 AM
wagens ;)
my vw was much more reliable, and even thow being one of the most expensive vws to restore/look after/ get parts for its cheaper than a galant.....i miss my type 3 :( stress free motoring, covering other cars in oil, rwd....good old vw`s