PDA

View Full Version : Greddy BOV

rayray24
30-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Just aonther BOV question. After waiting some time I got to install my greddy type r bov (vta), now the problem is that when i set it on hard and give the car a few rev in neutral it STALLS!!!!! But when set a little softer it's fine (well not as bad). But i only took it for a little test drive.

The old pipe is bunged up.

Also when getting up to 100kph then lifting my foot off it pops! Now i have been reading the site treads and it did answer most of my questions BUT i need to know how to get rid of the stall problem? Reset ecu? Plumb it back again? Has anyone else had the same thing? Will it just go away in time? /pan

Uc you said that you had one on and was doing the same thing, how do you fix it? :inquisiti

mpau009
30-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Just aonther BOV question. After waiting some time I got to install my greddy type r bov (vta), now the problem is that when i set it on hard and give the car a few rev in neutral it STALLS!!!!! But when set a little softer it's fine (well not as bad). But i only took it for a little test drive.

The old pipe is bunged up.

Also when getting up to 100kph then lifting my foot off it pops! Now i have been reading the site treads and it did answer most of my questions BUT i need to know how to get rid of the stall problem? Reset ecu? Plumb it back again? Has anyone else had the same thing? Will it just go away in time? /pan

Uc you said that you had one on and was doing the same thing, how do you fix it? :inquisiti

Basically its never going to be quite the same as a recirculating one. Mine has a screw adjustment for the spring tension.

The ecu is expecting the air to be recirculated, and has already put the petrol in for it, so when it gets dumped you run rich for a bit, and it makes your idle drop low.

Also when my spring tension was too loose, it wasnt closing quick enough and i would stall coming off boost. Its a bit of a balancing act to between to soft and too hard, which will give a bit of compressor stall - feels like a shudder when you lift off, and the valve doesnt open straight away.

I also moved my idle point up a few hundred rpm too try and help a bit, but at night sometimes i still see my lights dim as the revs drop a little low.

Gly
30-04-2007, 09:25 AM
hate to tell ya this, but Uc sold his one for this very reason

I had issues with a Greddy/Trust Type R BOV which caused constant stalling.

he couldnt get it to work no matter what it was set at

he fixed it by getting a genuine hks ssqv instead

all i can recommend is a ecu reset,

then drive it for a while... it will stall at the start, but it may or maynot get used to the vta,

rayray24
30-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Sweet thanks guys, have already reset the ecu. When i first put it on it was set just above soft, THEN i had to fiddle and set it on hard. turned it back now so sould be sweet i hope??? Also is the little pop o.k or should i be worried?

Gly
30-04-2007, 09:58 AM
should be ok,
its just a momentary rich condition..
nothing you can do about it without some sort of fuel controll,
or going back to a recirc valve.

mine does it every now and then. (not often)

rayray24
30-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Wicked Thanks man, I feel alot better now, cause after hearing that great sound i don't know if a could go back to standard.

You See
30-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Yep, I used to get it quite abit...not so good when pulling into a driveway and your steering seizes! ..I've had a few close calls with on coming traffic and streetlamps!
Tried increasing the idle point - No luck
Tried resetting ECU - No luck
Tried adjusting BOV - No luck
Replaced it with HKS SSQV - Tada!
Think the TypeR BOV was more made for higher HP rating...for our cars the TypeS or the newly released TypeRS will be recommended.
A HKS EIDS (Electronic Idle Stabiliser) is another option.

I could be keen for a swap if ya keen??

rayray24
01-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Well it keep stalling on me today so had to put the plumb back pipe back on /Grrr I was just getting attached to that lovely noise :pimp2:

Will have to pop down to speedtech on sat and see what they can do for me.

Uc what did you want to swap?? Have you got a better bov for me? :thinking:

You See
02-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Uc what did you want to swap?? Have you got a better bov for me? :thinking:
My HKS SSQV!...time for a change of noise between the gates! :D

rayray24
02-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Mmmm....... :thinking: Let me sleep on that one. I like the noise this one makes and want to see if i can use it working on my car... the way it was meant to work>

You See
02-05-2007, 10:57 AM
All good dude...just a thought.
If you're keen, i might need the height of it...not sure if it'll fit. :D

Gly
02-05-2007, 11:00 AM
you'll have to buy some sort of AFC to stop the temp over-fuelling so it shouldnt stall.

d i c k i e s
09-05-2007, 12:58 AM
dumb question but what is AFC? im guessing something to do with air?

bradc
09-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Apexi Air Fuel Controller. Just do a search for Apexi AFC, there will be heaps of results on google

Gly
09-05-2007, 06:05 AM
not just apexi,

lots of companys make them.

d i c k i e s
09-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks, Will Look Around!