PDA

View Full Version : Mullered N/S tryes

SGHOM
01-05-2007, 11:47 AM
As donington [ and most circuits ] is a clockwise track, my near side, front & rear tyres are looking & feeling a little worse for wear !! /rally .. but my offside tyres are reasonable ok.
There is plenty of remaining tread on all 4, It's the n/s walls that are mullered. [ cant understand why ?? /rally /rally /rally :afro: ]
As I'm skint at the mo, I was wondering if It'll help to swap n/s to o/s ?? should at least get my through another track day until I can replace them all ?

waddya fink ?? :thinking:

Wodjno
01-05-2007, 11:54 AM
As donington [ and most circuits ] is a clockwise track, my near side, front & rear tyres are looking & feeling a little worse for wear !! /rally .. but my offside tyres are reasonable ok.
There is plenty of remaining tread on all 4, It's the n/s walls that are mullered. [ cant understand why ?? /rally /rally /rally :afro: ]
As I'm skint at the mo, I was wondering if It'll help to swap n/s to o/s ?? should at least get my through another track day until I can replace them all ?

I take it you mean to take the tyres completely off the rims at swap side to side ?
If so, can't see it being an issue..

Just don't forget that the inside of your off side tyres will be mostly unsighted, so don't forget to check them regularly, as you don't want them to get a dangerous level :inquisiti

stuartturbo
01-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Prob no good but I got 2 nearside but they are 235-40-18 off mine 6mm of tread

White Lightning
01-05-2007, 01:21 PM

How about driving around the circuits anti-clockwise for a while?

WildCards
01-05-2007, 01:44 PM
How about driving around the circuits the anti-clockwise for a while?

/lol

Spirit
01-05-2007, 09:46 PM
How about driving around the circuits anti-clockwise for a while?

Or if they won't let you then drive it in reverse :pimp2:

SGHOM
01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Or if they won't let you then drive it in reverse :pimp2:
I managed to navigate the gravel traps without needing reverse. /rally :afro:

bradc
01-05-2007, 10:08 PM
yeah just swap them from side to side, you'll be fine :)

Kenneth
01-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Is it the walls that are buggered, or the shoulder of the tyre?

If it is the sidewall, then you need new tyres. buggered sidewalls turn into blowouts.

if it is the outer shoulder, perhaps you could do with more negative camber. inner shoulder, less negative camber.

This is all assuming your alignment is correct... as going to the track without having your wheels aligned is about the quickest way to wear out tyres you can get. :P