PDA

View Full Version : Caution !!!

Nevman
01-05-2007, 11:55 AM
If anyone is looking to buy VR-4, don't waste your time to go and have a look at this one:
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=MITSUBISHI&min_pr=75&source=0&model=ANY&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=sp8+4qg&variant=vr4&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=31&ukcarsearch_full.y=10&start=5&distance=79&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200717282068059

Even if it looks like RalliArt, it has no paperwork except registration certificate and MOT. The front was damaged and very poorly repaired. The guy doesn't know much about the car, actually he doesn't know nothing about it. I've been viewing it 3 days before I bought my current one and I was extremely dissapointed. But thatnks to that I found the one I've got now :happy:

So don't waste your time.
You have been warned.

Brunty
01-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi Nev,

It's been discussed on a number of threads and, as you state, it is not the car it seems, the most obvious clue being the prefacelift front matched with a facelift rear.

Threads like this are probably the most beneficial part of coming to the forum before buying a VR4!

AncientOfMu
01-05-2007, 12:26 PM
the most obvious clue being the prefacelift front matched with a facelift rear.

Not strictly true. It has both a pre-facelift rear and front on a facelift shell.....

And yes it has been discussed an awful lot.

Threads like this are probably the most beneficial part of coming to the forum before buying a VR4!

exactly :2thumbsup

However that advert has shown me how a facelift rear spoiler is gonna look on the other halfs V6-24V :D

Don't look too bad me thinks.

Beastlee
01-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Not strictly true. It has both a pre-facelift rear and front on a facelift shell.....

So they are interchangble at the rear too? I have to admit to liking the rear lights on the facelift versions although I still prefer the earlier rear spoiler.
As for the fronts I'd just like a bumper and bonnet from either instead of the tatty stuff that's on it.

diddingtonwizard
01-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I've been talking to this guy over the last couple of days, in my opinion he doesn;t know anything about what he has on his forecourt and shows no interest in selling this vehicle. I offered him what i consider a reasonable deal on this but he didn't even have the courtesy to call me back!!/pan

AncientOfMu
01-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I dont think the rears are interchangable.

I looked up both pre-face rear qtr panel and facelift rear qtr panel on CAPS and they are definatly a different part no.

The car in question will have had both rear qtr panels changed.

Nick Mann
01-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Don, I don't think the rear quarters are different. Except maybe for location points for the plastic wheel extensions? The contours are not different. The rear is changeable between facelift and prefacelift, but the whole lot needs doing - lights, tailgate and bumper.

The registration does point to a Ralliart car, but it has almost definitely been involved in a front & rear shunt.

Beastlee
01-05-2007, 02:32 PM
The car in question will have had both rear qtr panels changed.

:speechles /JawDroppi

That must have been a severley mashed up car. Front and rear shunt then???

/do not touch with a barge pole emoticon required

AncientOfMu
01-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Don, I don't think the rear quarters are different. Except maybe for location points for the plastic wheel extensions? The contours are not different. The rear is changeable between facelift and prefacelift, but the whole lot needs doing - lights, tailgate and bumper.

The registration does point to a Ralliart car, but it has almost definitely been involved in a front & rear shunt.

i would tend to agree with you Nick, but Mo says its a no no. KHK in NZ has just tried to fit a facelift rear to his pre-face and assures me it doesnt fit.....

I would love to know for definate. My V6-24V being an '02 and having a facelift front really needs the rear to match it..

Nevman
01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Well...

Next time I do "search" before posting any new threads... /Devil5

But at least my conscience feels better now as I wouldn't like anyone to step into this "sh..."

Brunty
01-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Next time I do "search" before posting any new threads... /Devil5

:happy:

I think it's probably best that these comments are made in a thread of their own - ie. if there was only one thread for this car, nobody would ever check it and it would disappear to the murky depths of the forum.

We wouldn't be popular if we told someone, who'd just bought it - "Shouldn't have bought that mate, it's been discussed here before!" LOL!

diddingtonwizard
01-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Just been bending the geezers ear. Inow know that he will take under £5k for it.Might go over this weekend and have a look. Has anybody seen this in the flesh?? Ideally somebody will go in there and offer him a really low price before saturday(get my drift)

Kieran
01-05-2007, 04:59 PM
If Mo says it's a no, that pretty much ends the debate. But anyway, I think it's had some serious paint. Look at the bigger photos and in particular the one on the middle row to the right. It's the one where the picture is taken from the offside rear corner. Look at the rear door - the paint appears more weathered than that on the front wing and the rear quarter. In fact they look minty fresh.:inquisiti

Anyway, as has already been said, this car's been on the trader for some time and it was on Ebay (pre-accident repairs) before that.... Unless you get it for a song and are prepared to live with the consequences of a well mangled car.... Stay away!!

White Lightning
01-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Look at the rear door - the paint appears more weathered than that on the front wing and the rear quarter. In fact they look minty fresh.:inquisiti

Well spotted. That door does stand out a mile ...

Nevman
01-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I have been viewing it on Wednesday 11/04/07. It has got a lot of stone chips. Actually looks like beeing completly re-painted at home by someone without any experience cause there are white strips and small patches visible by the window gaskets (I think that's how they're called) and a big paint drop on the front of the bonnet. Front spoiler broken, the small middle part missing. Bonnet with uneven gaps. I've had a kind of impression that the car has rolled over or something but I also may be too suspicious. Previous MOT failed due to front lights and something else (can't remember). Looks extremely suspisious. I wouldn't give more that 2k for that to be honest.

bradc
01-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah it's definately a facelift chassis, too many things give that away, but it's been pretty well ****ed up at some point in it's life

Kenneth
01-05-2007, 11:01 PM
There something very seriously wrong with that car... cant quite put my finger on it...

Oh, thats it!

Its a damn auto :sick2: /pan

BraindG
01-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Its a damn auto :sick2: /pan
/haz

/shrug... untill someone takes it out, thats knows what a vr4 "should" be like.... its kinda like pissing in the wind.. tbh.