PDA

View Full Version : Smoked rear lights?

Johnny_Cashed
01-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm trying to remove as much colour from my Galant as possible, as I think all black and silver looks good on it, hence the smoked side repeaters and soon changing the front indicator bulbs to silver. I cracked my rear light a while ago, and had to purchase a new one, so I've got a spare lying around and was thinking about testing smoking on it. Is it legal? I was thinking about doing something like this: http://www.tintedtails.com/gallery/Custom%20Tinting%20Gallery/Mercedes%20Benz/thumbs/tn_med_c554.jpg

What do you think? Would it look good on my black Galant or make it look dated in six months time?

BraindG
01-05-2007, 03:35 PM
soemthign ive allways wanted to do... tinted windows, tinted rear lights, and tinted side repeaters..

not sure about legalities though...

Johnny_Cashed
01-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I apologise for my poor photoshop skills, but this is how I meant the rear lights to look

Nick Mann
01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Try this thread:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10998

Not sure about the legality though!!

The Vee
01-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Like the look of that:thumbsup: But I would b careful of how much light is lost by tinting, I always thought the tail lights on the V6 were rather poor anyway and sometimes wonder if that's what contributed to mine being rear ended. Have you thought about the Altezza style rear lights? One or two of us have them fitted and you can get black or silver backing. Spirit also has them on his and is a black car - maybe worth a look?

pitslayer
01-05-2007, 11:51 PM
altezzas look like black background lexus lights, dont work on any galant imho of course, the vee you got a nice a car btw, but i think in my opinion them altezza lights in general, on or off a car look gash

Hilly
04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Has anyone smoked the lights on an estate? I love the look of my car but think the only thing that lets it down are the rear lights.

:afro:

BraindG
04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Has anyone smoked the lights on an estate? I love the look of my car but think the only thing that lets it down are the rear lights.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10998

Nick Mann
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM

So you didn't click the link that I posted previously then!! /pan :P

pezza
04-05-2007, 04:16 PM
So you didn't click the link that I posted previously then!! /pan :P

LOL... it was the way you posted it maybe ..:D

the photoshopped tint on the saloon above does look good I reckon.

Johnny_Cashed
05-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the responses, I've seen those Altezza lights before, but personally I don't think they'll look good on my Galant. As I mentioned I've got a spare rear light with a chunk taken out of, so I've masked the clear area on it and I'll try to pick some of the smoking paint up tomorrow, and see how it turns out. Worst case scenario it looks cr*p and I don't do it to the lights I have on at the moment, but nothing lost. I'll try to have some pics up on sunday.

g6acb
05-05-2007, 12:36 AM
I always thought the tail lights on the V6 were rather poor anyway and sometimes wonder if that's what contributed to mine being rear ended.

I'll agree with that too as exactly the same thing happened to me /Grrr