PDA

View Full Version : Tax payers money in motion

WildCards
02-05-2007, 11:07 AM
I had a call last night from my mate who shall remain nameless, some of you may have met him at JFII last year (he was the tall one with no hair wearing big black boots, he went out with Marcus on the last session), anyway, he's currently bumming around going through Occifer training in the romeo alpha foxtrot.

He called me to gloat that he'd been out in a Chinook all day, they'd travelled the length and breadth of the country, flown rather low up the Thames through London, practiced a few landing and taking off drills in random fields around the country etc and even stopped off to pick up some tea bags landing in the mother in laws garden of one of the crew members.

Anyway, he had a great time and was pleased to inform me that this was percieved as a bit of a jolly for him and his buddies. Marvellous, now I know my tax money is going towards something worthwhile at least, so it must be the rest of you buying TV's for immigrants then.

If you work for the MOD or are associated with then disregard the above story as entirely fictional.

Brunty
02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
:happy:

How fondly he'll remember these days when he's stationed on the edge of some arrid desert in the middle east protecting our oil supplies, er I mean the assisting the Iraqi people achieve democracy!

WildCards
02-05-2007, 11:40 AM
:happy:

How fondly he'll remember these days when he's stationed on the edge of some arrid desert in the middle east protecting our oil supplies, er I mean the assisting the Iraqi people achieve democracy!

I think he's going to be a sheet folder err supplies occifer, so he'll enjoy how quickly they dry on the line in that weather.

Beastlee
03-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Hopefully he'll get his commission and come work here. We are the sole Army Aviation supplier and these numpties are useless!

steve190
03-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Another ossifer when they are paying of aircraft - he'll be dealing with redundancy payments then.

Try reading Lions, Donkeys and Dinosaurs (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lions-Donkeys-Dinosaurs-Blundering-Military/dp/0099484420/ref=sr_1_1/026-6285624-2030067?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178217446&sr=8-1). It makes very interesting reading, which I can vouch for being ex-Royal Navy