PDA

View Full Version : Odd Opel Auto Box - Germany

Beastlee
03-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Well I went over to Germany for an interview on Tues/Weds and work provided a hire car. Now bearing in mind this was my first time driving on the continent and the fact it was midnight when I picked it up imagine my confusion when I statred to pull away and someone dipped a clutch when the box changed gear!:speechles

The 307 I had to get to Stanstead was strangely enough an auto too, never been given them before I got the Leggie, but shifted much as any other aout I have driven. As you accelerate it shifts up the range with very minimal disruption. This new Astra most definitely used a normal clutch type change to it and you quite literally lost power for what seemed like 10 seconds but was probably only 1 or 2. It is quite off putting and extremely crap as it makes for a very jerky ride whilst making it awkward to gauge the downshifts right when overtaing on the Autobahn.

I tried looking up some info about it but there seems to be nothing about the Ergotronic system it claims to have. Anyone experienced one yet?

SGHOM
03-05-2007, 09:53 PM
DSG by any chance ?? :thinking: :thinking:

g6acb
03-05-2007, 10:14 PM
DSG by any chance ?? :thinking: :thinking:

Thought that was just a V-A-G thing?

Beastlee
04-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Dsg?