PDA

View Full Version : Alternator belt tensioner pulley ...

White Lightning
03-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Anyone else had a problem with these not running true? Noticed the other day when I had the bonnet open that the pulley does not seem to be running completely true. I am getting some kind of odd noise from that area of the engine and I am thinking this is the cause ... the annoying thing is that the pulley was brand new when we changed the engine ...

Kieran
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, I was gonna say it just sounds like wobbly pulley bearings......... Bit of an arse if it is an early failure!!:inquisiti

White Lightning
04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Well, I was gonna say it just sounds like wobbly pulley bearings......... Bit of an arse if it is an early failure!!:inquisiti

Indeed. I am going to whip it off and have a look tomorrow. And see if the noise goes with the belt / pulley removed. If the pulley is fubar'd I will be calling Camskill for a replacement.

psbarham
04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Indeed. I am going to whip it off and have a look tomorrow. And see if the noise goes with the belt / pulley removed. If the pulley is fubar'd I will be calling Camskill for a replacement.

i wouldn't bother , i had 3 out of mitsu 2 were warranty replacements for the 1st one , all of which started wobbling after a week , the third one has been on now for 2 1/2 yrs and hasn't got any worse than it did after the first week , i reckon its just a bad design

White Lightning
04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Did you get any noise from the wobbly pulley?

psbarham
04-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Did you get any noise from the wobbly pulley?
no , i noticed it first when doing a service , so i fitted a new one and checked that a week later and that was as bad , then another and another .

White Lightning
06-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Had a look at this yesterday and it's definately knackered. Started car ... rumble noise was there at tickover ... removed alternator belt and tensioner pulley ... started engine again ... noise gone ... refit belt and pulley ... noise back. And there was quite a bit of play in the pulley. After disturbing it it appears to be rattling more ...

... so calling Camskill and Tuesday to get a new one.

Spirit
06-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Good you know what it is mate........I'm sure Camskill will replace it

Eagleton
08-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Got any pics of that wobbling pulley?...I might have the same problem...

White Lightning
08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Got any pics of that wobbling pulley?...I might have the same problem...

This is the offending pulley:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b0s1399p6029

Called Camskill today and they are sending me a new one. They will credit back the old one when they have confirmed the fault.

Eagleton
08-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Allright, Dont know were that pulley sits beside the engine. The pulley I saw wobbling was the big top one on the left side of the engine. What does it do?