PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel bolts torque setting

FNFAST VR4
04-05-2007, 01:01 AM
When I put my flywheel back on I'm assuming I have to use a torque wrench, does anyone know what I need to set it to? Or is it not important?

The next question is, does anyone live out East and have a torque wrench I could use for 10 minutes on the weekend ha ha. Failing that they are like $10 to hire from McEntee, but you never know how much abuse they've had and how accurate they would be.

bradc
04-05-2007, 02:38 AM
there is a specific amount, I don't have the guide for this handy sorry, it is on my computer at home. I'm sure either Gly or You See will have a torque wrench :)

FNFAST VR4
04-05-2007, 05:33 AM
A little off topic, but is that your car in the pic? Do you have the twin exhausts? I was thinking of doing that to my one. It looks so cool!

Gly
04-05-2007, 06:54 AM
uc has one..

yes thats brads rear end

Subaru ETA
04-05-2007, 07:58 AM
haha i always just loctite the bolts and rattle them in..... mainly coz im a lazy mechanic who cant be bothered reading the books :p

Wouter
04-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Who needs a Torque wrench?

When we were doing Barry's car we used locktight and a breaker bar!

BraindG
04-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Page 11B-21 (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)

bradc
04-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Yeah, have a look in my gallery, it splits just at the rear axle. With the stock ecu it is dangerous to have two completely seperate pipes, the oxygen sensor will only be able to read the air/fuel ratio coming from one bank that way.

FNFAST VR4
04-05-2007, 11:18 AM

Sounds like a plan!

BraindG
04-05-2007, 11:22 AM

Sounds like a plan!
Erm... :thinking: - No we didn't I went and bought that Torque Wrench from Halfords, i was being quite anal about making sure it was right..

:inquisiti

Wouter
06-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Erm... :thinking: - No we didn't I went and bought that Torque Wrench from Halfords, i was being quite anal about making sure it was right..

:inquisiti

And if you remeber correctly... you broke it before we got to your flywheel!

FNFAST VR4
06-05-2007, 09:22 AM
I bought a torque wrench today.... Got the flywheel, clutch and gearbox attached to the engine. Thought I'd attach the slave cylinder and make sure it all worked before I went nuts and reassembled everything else.

I think the slave cylinder is broken, we tried bleeding it, and theres only a little pushing of the clutch at the very bottom of the pedal. Does it sound like it needs to be rekitted?

BraindG
06-05-2007, 10:09 AM
I think the slave cylinder is broken, we tried bleeding it, and theres only a little pushing of the clutch at the very bottom of the pedal. Does it sound like it needs to be rekitted?
Nope! - totally normal, atleast in the 2 times ive removed my clutch..

just bleed it, and work with it, it settles down, honest!.. just keep pulling pedal back with your toes, soon after its back to normal. :scholar:

FNFAST VR4
06-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Nope! - totally normal, atleast in the 2 times ive removed my clutch..

just bleed it, and work with it, it settles down, honest!.. just keep pulling pedal back with your toes, soon after its back to normal. :scholar:

Oh thank the mitsi gods! My credit card has taken a severe beating with this little exercise and I don't think it can handle much more work ha ha ha.