PDA

View Full Version : lights

pitslayer
07-05-2007, 02:14 AM
this car is seriously testing my patience now........right i now have the following lights working on my car
one full beam
2 sidelights
1 bodged up main

so the other day, it decided to disintergrate the left hand main H7, and this is the 3rd time its done it and ive replaced it...... getting slightly irritated with it now, as now the light wont even come on at all, ive cleaned the stupid little connector thing which connects from the loom, to the light several times......now i turned my lights on today, with one headlight as usual now, then my drivers side went out.....popped bonnet played and jiggled with it, came back on, then it blew up, so put my full beams on to see, and its blown a full beam.......so ive currently bodged a H4 into it, to get home

but im getting seriously irritated with it blowing fuses and bulbs on the front end, its costing loads to keep replacing.....whats going wrong, how do i stop it from doing it, as the left side is now dead on main beams, and the H4 doesnt really work to well......also why is the light connector, look like its designed to take a H4, yet its a H7 bulb that goes in?

Paul Beazer
08-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Well you didnt expect it to keep behaving after all the negative things you've been saying about it on here did you?/pan

pitslayer
08-05-2007, 03:33 PM
it wont like it when i take it down the scrap yard which is where its heading if it carrys on like this..............sick of leaving the workshop in the night to find my car is playing up again, and standing there in the rain trying to fix it....kinda irritating after a while

but how do i stop it from blowing the front end lights and fuses?

White Lightning
08-05-2007, 03:53 PM
but how do i stop it from blowing the front end lights and fuses?

Only drive it during the day and when it's not raining ... :scholar:

pitslayer
08-05-2007, 04:18 PM
its got all covers on the rear of the lights, they dont leak or condense.....its starting to really annoy me, its like driving home with candles

Nick Mann
08-05-2007, 05:24 PM
I bet the bulbs last longer than the candles!!! /pan :P

bernmc
08-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Sounds like you've got a voltage regulator problem.... not sure where you'd start looking on your car - may be worth a trip to an autoelectrician.

Kieran
08-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Do you get any voltage on the H7 power lines? Get a volt meter and see what the readings are with the engine off and on.

psbarham
08-05-2007, 09:02 PM
i have 500 quid sat here waiting to buy it , that'd cure all the problems and give you more money than the scrappy would

pitslayer
09-05-2007, 02:14 AM
who said anything about taking it to a scrappy......ive got power tools.....

KHK
09-05-2007, 06:09 AM
Do you get any voltage on the H7 power lines? Get a volt meter and see what the readings are with the engine off and on.

if voltage is below 12, the bulb should not blow up
how about if above 12 is measured, what's the problem

is there anything to do with too large amphere?

psbarham
09-05-2007, 08:47 AM
who said anything about taking it to a scrappy......ive got power tools.....

nice editing , but too slow for the search , type scrap in the search box and look whats first :thinking:

Kieran
09-05-2007, 08:50 AM
if voltage is below 12, the bulb should not blow up
how about if above 12 is measured, what's the problem

is there anything to do with too large amphere?

If it's WAY above 12 with the engine on, suggests regulator as Bernmc has said. I was also thinking you could see if it's intermittent - if there's a loose wire and the bulb's on/off/on/off/on/off a lot, it could pop pretty quickly.

pitslayer
11-05-2007, 04:30 AM
nice editing , but too slow for the search , type scrap in the search box and look whats first :thinking:
eh????? i didnt edit it?????

i got one working today for about 15 mins then it blew up on the way home and took the full beam with it, which is great when your driving home lashing it down with rain, massive puddles everywhere, on a country road, and your lights blow....marvelarse.......

if i was gunna keep the car i would put a hid kit on

Paul Beazer
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
eh????? i didnt edit it?????

i got one working today for about 15 mins then it blew up on the way home and took the full beam with it, which is great when your driving home lashing it down with rain, massive puddles everywhere, on a country road, and your lights blow....marvelarse.......

if i was gunna keep the car i would put a hid kit on
I dont understand how it could take the full beam with it, its 2 separate bulbs with 2 separate connections in the wiring.
I think you need to check the voltage that going to the bulbs?

pitslayer
11-05-2007, 01:54 PM
diff bulbs diffwiring, same fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay, going down to mitsi soon and going to give them what for.....actually going down to see how much the h4-h7 adaptors are as one seems to have disintergrated....anyone know part no.????