PDA

View Full Version : Change of vehicle....

Brunty
07-05-2007, 06:24 PM
There I was yesterday full of the youthful joys of spring, my music on too loud and baseball hat on crooked; I find myself today in cardigan and slippers, uncertain as to whether my new hobby should be writing letters of complaint to the BBC or tending the allotments. I'm getting old, and in recognition of this I've bought myself a Legnum.

I'd been trying to buy Ciderisgr8's Legnum for a while now, I had looked at it before he'd seen it (as discussed in this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10161&highlight=adams)) but wasn't impressed with the garages P/X terms! I had then been trying to sort a deal with Ciders via PMs for some time after he declared his intention to sell it.

Recently I was able to free up enough cash to 'make it happen' and a deal was struck. I collected the wagon yesterday from Plymouth. Sadly the trainfare cost me a small fortune - as did the tankful of fuel the Legnum consumed an the way back home (I haven't suffered the shock of paying cash for a brimful of high octane for a while - ouch).

The drive home was a delight - it's a very 'tight' car, the cloth seats feel more comfortable than their leather counterparts (although this might just be me feeling good about all things) and the big hole in the roof is wonderful in these warm conditions. Everything else is just as a VR4 should be.

To break up the journey a little I dropped in to see Vicky Mann, while there Mr Mann got his spanners out to fiddle with and adjust one or two things on my new motor. You mightn't believe it but his tinkering has improved the car already!

So my apologies to the saloon clique (BraindG, Spirit, CaishanVR4, RED, G6ACB, psbarham, The Vee), not for much longer will I be part of your youthful and vibrant clan.

Now who wants a blue saloon?

Brunty
07-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Pros

The tints on the windows mean other drivers won't be able to see my nephew picking his nose when we go out.

Both front wheel arch liners are intact!

The car feels great to drive, very solid.

Cons

The lack of tints to the front windows mean other drivers will be able to see my brother picking his nose whan we go out.

The AYC warning light came on 50 miles after leaving Ciders house, turning off the ignition and starting again at the services didn't resolve it. However having stopped for a while at the Manns house the AYC warning light didn't come on for the remainder of the journey (<50 miles).

The paint at the front edge of the bonnet needs some attention as well as a little touch up around the exhaust.

The hydrualic arms on the boot only get it to head height - this'll have someones eye out!

The alarm is going to take up loads of my time to understand it, and loadsmore to set it up in a suitable fashion. I must have triggered it a dozen times already and left the car unlocked once. A case of RTFM I suspect. It's quite a neat bit of kit so I reckon it'll be able to do what I want.

Photos......

Wouter
07-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the DARK side!! :thumbsup:

richy rich
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Well done mate.:pimp2:

bradc
07-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Now that really is the best colour :) So now that you own two VR-4's concurrently, you can join the elite club that myself and Kenneth are in :)

Lillywotsername
07-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Woohoo.... About time Steve. Welcome to the family darling.

BraindG
07-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Congrats on the new car!.. but, a Legnum? have you gone quite mad? :p

Brunty
07-05-2007, 10:19 PM
uploaded/1223/1178572653.jpg

uploaded/1223/1178572683.jpg

uploaded/1223/1178572716.jpg

Brunty
07-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Changing my cover with Lifesure was a doddle:

£15 admin fee to switch the remainder of my policy onto the Legnum
£45 to cover the Saloon throughout May

Pretty fair I thought.

Spirit
07-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Congrats on the new purchase mate :pimp2:

Should have let us know you were coming down.....could have had a mini-meet as Andy (The Vee) was down here all weekend with the Scud

White Lightning
07-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Congratulations Steve. She looks a beauty ... great colour too ... :pimp2:

I was one of the select few that knew that this was coming. And I kept quiet about it ... did someone mention a rep point for that ?? :scholar:

Kieran
08-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Ah, my ideal world - A saloon for speed and litheness, and a Legnum for load lugging.:iloveyou: It's interesting seeing the two parked up like that. The Legnum seems soooo much bigger!

Congratulations Steve, it's been a long time coming! :afro:

Just one small thing to ask.... And I'll ask nicely rather than threaten you with a firey doom for a change....

Please, pretty please, keep this Legnum looking clean and tidy - It would be sacrilege to smother that gorgeous red with a layer of grottyness!:happy:

bradc
08-05-2007, 07:58 AM
As much as I hate to agree with Kieran (auto, prefacelift, swapped in prefacelift mags and orange indicators, clean cars, ginger, british, etc) This is the one time where I will whole-heartedly 100% agree with him. You need to keep this car clean, it is the best colour mitsi ever put them out in, and is the best looking car anyone could ever possibly hope for, please keep it clean!

Brunty
08-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Ah, my ideal world - A saloon for speed and litheness

It's only a matter of money Special K, talk to me!

Please, pretty please, keep this Legnum looking clean and tidy - It would be sacrilege to smother that gorgeous red with a layer of grottyness!:happy:

:thinking: /nag /nag /nag /nag /nag /nag /YMaster

If you look at the second picture you'll see part of my problem (the greater part is idleness I'll admit). The 'always available' parking at my flats is at the rear next to a high and very crumbly/dusty wall. Above which there is further parking with cars coming and going all day long kicking up even more dirt - this means that cars parked at the rear get dusty quickly. If you can make out the dirt on my saloon - that is the product of 4 nights parking!

The 'less likely to be spaces' parking at the front has loads of overhanging trees and starlings who don't watch where they poop!

I tried to buy a garage - but it would have been too small to accomodate a Galant!

WildCards
08-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Nice one Steve, congrats matey.

White Lightning
08-05-2007, 12:02 PM
If you look at the second picture you'll see part of my problem (the greater part is idleness I'll admit). The 'always available' parking at my flats is at the rear next to a high and very crumbly/dusty wall. Above which there is further parking with cars coming and going all day long kicking up even more dirt - this means that cars parked at the rear get dusty quickly. If you can make out the dirt on my saloon - that is the product of 4 nights parking!

The 'less likely to be spaces' parking at the front has loads of overhanging trees and starlings who don't watch where they poop!

I tried to buy a garage - but it would have been too small to accomodate a Galant!

Sounds like you need to move ... :scholar:

pezza
08-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Yup this is a top car too..

I had the *honour* of raggi... sorry driving it couple a years back in Aylesbury
and back then I did notice how solid it felt, with no noises, rattles.. and wondered if thats how a new leggie felt and sounded when driving a brand new one off the forecourt... the gearbox/change was sweet too..

The massive hole in the roof.. well still yearning for that in my current car! :thinking:

Well done, Brunterz, now let me see if I can find all YOUR old posts slating leggies /Grrr

Brunty
08-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Slagging Legnums, moi!

pezza
08-05-2007, 12:29 PM
fickle fickle fickle :D

So comparisons to driving the small car? :afro:

And when are you getting THESE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Classifieds/showproduct.php?product=196)for em

caishanvr4
08-05-2007, 01:19 PM
So my apologies to the saloon clique (BraindG, Spirit, CaishanVR4, RED, G6ACB, psbarham, The Vee, nutter john), not for much longer will I be part of your youthful and vibrant clan.

Now who wants a blue saloon?

He's obviously a sandwich short of a picnic getting a fat arse load lugger but at least he,s keeping it hidden behind the handsome lithe SALOON /Devil5

psbarham
08-05-2007, 05:33 PM
no one else has said it , so i will , you bloody traitor /pan , its red :inquisiti and has a fat arse /pan , also why do you need 2 VR4's , i believe your neighbours will grumble about your blatant disregard for the parking area , and will soon cause damage to one or the other of them , so as a favour to you i will look after the good looking one of the 2 for the foreseeable future , and it will be here waiting for you when your last little bit of sanity returns :inquisiti

bernmc
08-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Well done bruntingthorpe - that's a nice car! I might have had it if it wasn;t for the skyline...

pezza
08-05-2007, 05:47 PM
best colour too IMO... :scholar:

Brunty
10-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Spirit - I did think about trying to arrange meeting a few folk but didn't want to announce that I was getting the car incase it didn't work out for whatever reason.

Pezza - I already have wheels lined up otherwise I would probably have bought those. Have since been thinking that as the car is used for business dark coloured wheels might be a bit too pimp. Still considering plans for this area of the car.

CaishanVR4 - as my fat arse was being lugged perfectly well by the saloon I can only imagine it will be even easier going in a dedicated fat arse load lugger TM :iloveyou:

psbarham - as discussed before, make me an offer on the saloon (you might be presently surprised!) and you can look after it for ever more.

psbarham
10-05-2007, 05:06 PM
psbarham - as discussed before, make me an offer on the saloon (you might be presently surprised!) and you can look after it for ever more.

as i said steve if i had the cash i would have it tonight , but with doing the house up it leaves me very little spare cash , unless you want 100 quid a month for a long time :bigcry:

bradc
10-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Steve, I don't see a problem with dark wheels at all, gun metal grey like my wheels or even quadal's setup would be fine. I think those BBS wheels would look amazing on that car!

You could also go with a mildly bronze colour, have you seen Xeroid's car?

Brunty
10-05-2007, 08:56 PM
You could also go with a mildly bronze colour, have you seen Xeroid's car?

That's what I'm thinking - if someone (http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/alloywheels.php) gets back to me with a quote.

http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/showalloy.php?aid=21&js=true

Need to decide soon 'cos the Brembos are on the way, and will be repainted to suit!

bradc
10-05-2007, 09:02 PM
only 4 stud, but they make a 5x114.3 I assume? Just get some EVO 9's and paint them gunmetal, now that would be hot!

Brunty
10-05-2007, 09:50 PM
only 4 stud, but they make a 5x114.3 I assume? Just get some EVO 9's and paint them gunmetal, now that would be hot!

The picture was to illustrate the colour I was getting quoted for - the Evo IXs are sat in my neighbours garage waiting to be prepared, shod and fitted!

bradc
10-05-2007, 10:24 PM
ohh you've already got them, nice :D Can't wait to see them. I think my wheels look nice on my car, and I still think they would be great on yours too

Throbbe
14-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the Booty Squad! Very nice car. Was a bit over my budget at the time, otherwise I'd have been looking at that one myself.

Brunty
15-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Evo VIII Brembos front and back. Damn they're big!

uploaded/1223/1179230721.jpg

....which should sit quite snuggly inside my Evo IX wheels.

uploaded/1223/1179230782.jpg

Now do I leave as is, change the colour of the calipers or the wheels or both?

:huh2:

White Lightning
15-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Leave as is, I reckon ... :afro:

BraindG
15-05-2007, 04:00 PM
as is, or match to body colour i recon.

bradc
15-05-2007, 07:33 PM
leave it as it is, maybe change the wheels to dark grey, maybe change the calipers to Roanne Red

Nick Mann
15-05-2007, 09:52 PM
You know my feelings on stealth factor! :afro:

WildCards
15-05-2007, 10:00 PM
leave it as it is, maybe change the wheels to dark grey, maybe change the calipers to Roanne Red

Yep calipers in the body colour. www.biggred.co.uk refurbished my dads Brembos, on the recommedation of Kierans standard calipers. And the wheels in a light gunmetal colour, or a slightly darker silver than standard. Would look awsome.

The Vee
16-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Missed all this exitement!! Sorry you've left the youthful times behind you/pan But at least you have gone up to the top spot in the colour charts!!
TBH mate that's a lovely looking car:thumbsup:

Physician
16-05-2007, 05:45 AM
Very nice looking Legnum Steve.

You may all wish to know that as I was lying in my bed in hospital feeling really ill and throwing up - a text arrived.

I eagerly opened the message hoping it was a sympathetic note from family or friend.

"Don't want you to miss out - I've bought a Legnum! - Steve."

I threw up again and pondered my friendship ........... :)

Brunty
16-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I eagerly opened the message hoping it was a sympathetic note from family or friend.

"Don't want you to miss out - I've bought a Legnum! - Steve."

I threw up again and pondered my friendship ........... :)

Gloat¦ v. be smug or pleased about one's own success or another's misfortune. ¦ n. an act of gloating.

:scholar:

Brunty
26-05-2007, 04:16 PM
What a pleasant new sensation I had yesterday.

With the moonroof open driving through town in the sunshine I could feel the heat of the sun on the back of my neck - lovely!

Lillywotsername
26-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Shaddup you.......

I want a moon roof...../Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy
And breath......

richy rich
26-05-2007, 08:47 PM
What a pleasant new sensation I had yesterday.

With the moonroof open driving through town in the sunshine I could feel the heat of the sun on the back of my neck - lovely!
Like you didn't have a sun roof before, it was nice driving your car with the roof open.

Brunty
26-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Like you didn't have a sun roof before, it was nice driving your car with the roof open.

Yeah - but that's only a small one and as such I used to feel the heat of the sun on the top of my head, the difference was quite noticeable.

bradc
26-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah the big moonroof on the leggy's can't be beat. With that open and all 4 windows down its like driving a big 5 seat practical convertable with a big boot!

SGHOM
26-05-2007, 10:27 PM
I want a moon roof...../Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy

WRD have an angle grinder, when do you want me to start ? :thinking: :speechles

pezza
29-05-2007, 02:23 PM

:furious3: :furious3:

Pass me the angle grinder Derek...

I sooooooooooooo miss not having the roof :huh: