PDA

View Full Version : All Hail the AMSOIL

bigscott
08-05-2007, 04:49 PM
i know its been said quite a few times, but needed to a post about the difference an oil change can make. my poor old vr4 really was being neglected and would often shudder at 40mph in 5th (and sometimes 4th) gear, so i finally made the investment of some atf from performance oils.

WOW.

i have now fallen in love with my car again!, and together with and engine oil and brake fluid change will certainly be going out to hurt it this weekend.

big thanks to don at performance oils for excellent service, advice and product.: /thankyou :thumbsup:

White Lightning
08-05-2007, 05:07 PM
i have now fallen in love with my car again!, and together with and engine oil and brake fluid change will certainly be going out to hurt it this weekend.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to enjoy it for a while before "hurting" it again ... ? :inquisiti

/rally

Solardavid350
08-05-2007, 06:57 PM
I have do get the good stuff done soon too..i`m getting the judder too.
I`ll see some the guys at Japfest and book her in.

AderC
08-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Amsoil went in mine at last month - sorted the judduddudder in mine too.

aDe

Kieran
08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
For anyone interested, it's a long read but this article explains the shudder fault and why Amsoil corrects it. It's not witchcraft!! :scholar:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10125

AderC
08-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Kieran witnessed probably the worst judder moment I ever had on the hill near WRD a while back and advised some "Amsoil TLC". It worked!

aDe

Solardavid350
08-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I checked the fluid this weekend and its the dreaded khaki colour, so its a full flush thats needed.
i have some old receipts from previous owner/owners and the last one i can find with a service on the `box` is in 2003 and that was with dextron 3 and no HFM.So its going to get changed very soon.

Lillywotsername
09-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Kieran witnessed probably the worst judder moment I ever had on the hill near WRD a while back and advised some "Amsoil TLC". It worked!

aDe
If its the hill i am thinking of Ade, it is a car killer anyway.... Having said that though, the wonder that is Amsoil
is the best kind of TLC you can give our cars.

amsoil
16-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Best to make it sooner rather than later, its a bit of a job to do properly by all accounts, seriously consider getting WRD to do it; they get :iloveyou: from everyone who uses them and some guys travel a serious distance for their services. If you really want to notice the difference get the ECU reset at the same time. You wont look back.

I checked the fluid this weekend and its the dreaded khaki colour, so its a full flush thats needed.
i have some old receipts from previous owner/owners and the last one i can find with a service on the `box` is in 2003 and that was with dextron 3 and no HFM.So its going to get changed very soon.