PDA

View Full Version : 10 year rule.

Beastlee
08-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Following on from Bigsed's new purchase I have remembered to ask a question that has been bugging me since I purchased my Leggie.

I know most pre-facelifts are P-plates and should be 96 or 97 registered but mine is an R-plate. When reviewing the V5 document for it it claims a manufacturer date in 98 but I'm fairly sure this is wrong.

Given it was imported in 2004 can anyone help me out here? My chassis number won't go into CAPS but someone managed to do it so I'd also like to find out who it was and what info it returned.

Thanks
Lee

AncientOfMu
08-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Your chassis no. into CAPS gives a date of 01/02/98

I presume that that is the date of manufacture.

It would still be a R-Plate.

Just as a cross check I put mine in and it comes back with a date of 02/09/96 so it looks like that date is definatly the date of manufacture.

And it was me who got your paint code last time :).

Beastlee
08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Excellent find thanks. What version are you using or what are you modifying to make it work?
I'm quite chuffed at the find that it is definitely a 98 one so must be one of the last pre-facelifts I imagine. Does it increase the value?

AncientOfMu
08-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Im not modifying anything.

im using the new zealand version.

I wouldn't of thought that it would increase its value at all to be honest.

VR4 prices seem to be dictated by mileage, service history and condition much more than Reg plate.

Beastlee
09-05-2007, 08:13 AM
50p then guvnor and I'll chuck in the pink dice LOL

AncientOfMu
09-05-2007, 08:20 AM
:lipseal don't tell anyone but when Mo still owned yours, I asked if I could swap mine for it :).

Something about having two black estates.....

But hey I'll live with my black V6-24 and white VR4.

Beastlee
09-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Mo actually owned it? I didn't realise that. I knew Bal said he sourced it from Mo but wasn't aware he had owned it.
Wonder if I can find out what he did on it as there's no paperwork other than the Lower arm recall and the timing belt and pulleys when Bal had it along with the MOT certs.

AncientOfMu
09-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Well im not sure if he 'owned it' but i saw it at Mo's when i went up there.

But yeah he might be able to give you a bit of history on it.

Beastlee
28-06-2007, 12:26 PM
AoM sorry to drag this back up but my Chassis number doesn't seem to work on the NZ version either. Is it the one that's available from the FTP in the member's area? If not could you direct me to one that works as I'm fed up of having to keep selecting a generic Legnum.

Tried to PM Mo but didn't get a response from him. Haven't seen him on here in a long while either, hope he's OK.