PDA

View Full Version : More 2.5 V6 Sport Questions

James TC
10-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Hiya,

I posted some questions concerning the 2.5 V6 Sport a week or two ago but I'm back with a few more!!

Can anyone let me know whether the Momo steering wheel is a standard part of the Sport package?

I would also like to ask whether the seat trims on all of the Sport packages are plain because I have seen the ones on a V6 tested by Autocar back in 1997 and they had the trims with the funny patterns on them. This seems to be a thing with Jap manufacturers as I have a friend who owns a Supra twin turbo and he has those kind of wishy-washy patterned material. I am hoping that by the time Mitsi introduced the Sport they stopped those kind of seats. No offence to anyone who has them but I'm not a big fan at all!!

Thanks in advance,

James

adam_shaw
10-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Hi James,

Well every Sport I've seen 2000INSERT INTO post VALUES (W) on has the Momo wheel, and it's lovely, just a little squared at the sides - very nice.

As for the upholstry INSERT INTO post VALUES (is that right?) I know what you mean, if you can get one with Leather you are sorted, but the sport trim is not so bad as the GLS velour INSERT INTO post VALUES (sorry Kieran :undecided )

You can see the interiors here http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2399 INSERT INTO post VALUES (colV6sport's) and here http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2235 INSERT INTO post VALUES (mine)

So, are you gonna join the Honourable Company of V6 Sport Owners?

Kieran
10-12-2003, 11:14 PM
No offence taken:) I know what you mean, however the post-2000 facelift interiors have nicer interior fabrics that the pre-facelift UK models, so mine's not too bad.

Kieran
10-12-2003, 11:15 PM
The only thing about Sports I don't like is that some of them have blue dash tops, rather than black. I think it depends on the exterior colour?

zedy1
10-12-2003, 11:25 PM
i like the black leather interior in the v6 sport and the momo steering wheel

James TC
11-12-2003, 12:16 AM
So, are you gonna join the Honourable Company of V6 Sport Owners?

I'm still deciding but I should have the money ready in a few months time. Put it this way, I'd rather ask my questions here than at the dealership INSERT INTO post VALUES (even though I won't be buying from a dealer).

I will have to take a test drive at some point so that should be interesting. The only thing that really bothers me is when handling is pushed to the limit. I think it would be wise to lower the car with uprated coils and shocks. I don't mind a firm ride INSERT INTO post VALUES (it must be my motorsport addiction rubbing off) and would happily sacrifice comfort for better handling. :rolleyes5

Do all V6 Sports come without a spoiler INSERT INTO post VALUES (only added as an option)? Am I right in assuming spoilers seen on a V6 is the same as the VR-4?

Thanks,

James

colVR4
11-12-2003, 09:42 AM
I could be wrong but as far as I am aware the spoiler on the V6 Sport is smaller than the VR-4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (more subtle I like to think :-D jk).

The leather interior in my car was actually a non-standard fitting by the guy who originally bought the car who spent £1,500 putting it in because he didn't like the original upholsteryINSERT INTO post VALUES (didn't add much difference to the price when I bought it though).

The suspension on the V6 Sport isn't too bad. I tend to push the car around the twisty, bumpy back roads around Norfolk and it handles them okay. What is disconcerting is the bang that you sometimes get from the front suspension when you go over a hump in the road. It seems like the suspension drops down very quickly when it becomes unsupported. I don't know if this is something to do with the dampening effect of the shocks or what but I have noticed it a few times. Doesn't stop me though!! :evil1:

colVR4
11-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Oh, and the steering wheel does appear to be standard from all of the Sport models that I have seen.