PDA

View Full Version : Got my Brembos fitted today.

philipbennett25
09-05-2007, 08:21 PM
After weeks of trying, I got my Brembos fitted today. By Mitsi, pretty chuffed now they are done. They are bedding in and I wasnt able to be too crazy on the way back from the garage.

http://www.marben.force9.co.uk/cvr4_pics/br_front.JPG
http://www.marben.force9.co.uk/cvr4_pics/br_rear.JPG

1k miles Brembos from evo 9 -£700, £50 for braided hoses, £20 on range of bolts, £240 for mits to fit all in. -Pretty happy.

First impression is that its well worth it. I couldnt really put them through their paces on the way home. However I was in traffic and they felt much better than the stock (-safer too). I cant count how many times I have been in traffic with the stock brakes and the slowing car in front is coming up far quicker than I would like for the force I am applying on the brake pedal. The Brembos eliminated this and now I just need to worry about how quickly the car braking behind is coming up.

For what its worth Mitsi in Aldershot were a decent bunch. Darren, the service manager was helpful, told me that they saw a handful of VR4's (-Dont think woking mits had ever seen one) and was happy to chat about the car (Its funny how many service managers wont get into conversation about technical stuff). They were happy to do something that was a bit different and thats seems rare with mits.

Happy as a pig in muck.

ANTHONY
09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
they look pretty good and i think the £240.00 from mits was a good deal

Nick Mann
09-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I love mine! Except for the squeeling when new pads go in.... Still - I'd rather have very good brakes and a couple of weeks embarrassment than naff brakes and a bent car!

I still maintain it is one of the best mods you can do for your VR4. I'm sure your smile will be firmly in place for a while!!!

matsondawson
27-05-2007, 07:46 AM
I found a huge difference between the stock and the brembos.
I had put larger tyres on (235s) and couldn't lock up the wheels with stocks.
Brembos fixed that!

Brunty
27-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Looking good Phil, my Brembos go on shortly, can't wait (for the spending to be over!).

Solardavid350
27-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Fitted my brembos yesterday too,just waiting to get my wheels and tyres very shortly.

Throbbe
27-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Almost fitted mine yesterday! Just got to hook up the rear hoses and bleed them, but monsoon season is starting here. Hoping that it will dry up a bit tomorrow pm.

Already inflicted the customary unnecessary and stupid injury. My rear bolts were too long so I trimmed them down with a Dremel. Got a little enthusiastic on the last one and broke a cutting disk, half of which imbedded itself in my top lip. Safety goggles were duly obtained while I stopped shaking. /pan

bradc
27-05-2007, 08:45 PM
ouch that sounds painful! Hope you're ok.