PDA

View Full Version : Emails from CVR4

Spirit
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Barry

Emails about replies to subscribed threads always came from info@clubvr4...., but now they are from barry.elder@clubvr4.....

Did you know ?

Not a major issue, just I had email rules set up to push them to a seperate folder and noticed this when they stopped going there.

BraindG
09-05-2007, 10:18 PM
yes, i had to change - i cant install/reinstall outlook due to issues after my hard drives failing.. so using my email as interim solution.

Crickle
09-05-2007, 10:20 PM
yes, i had to change - i cant install/reinstall outlook due to issues after my hard drives failing.. so using my email as interim solution.
Oh my god, I never even noticed that!

Beastlee
10-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Sorry for this brief Hi-Jack but I cam up with an idea after reading this. Does the host provide free unlimited e-mail forwarders? Just thinking on the line of username@clubvr4.com addresses that forwards to the registered e-mail address for the user. Maybe too much admin but I know it would be feasible witht he right script, depends on the mail server.

BraindG
10-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Its not really required tbh, the forum software sorts this out and sends emails to individual usernames using the info@clubvr4.com mail addy.

i don't really seeing it being a feasible idea as it doesnt really achieve anything more than what the forum software already does, but perhaps i dont really understand your idea?

Beastlee
10-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Was thinking more as a bonus for the paying members. They get an extra e-mail addy at clubvr4.co.uk for those of us sad enough to want them. This in turn forwards direct to their registered e-mail address. So I could use beastlee@clubvr4.co.uk as an e-mail address for events, parts purchases etc. The club based e-mail addy could then be included on the membership card, an easy to rmember address for new contacts.
Sorry should have explained better the first time.