PDA

View Full Version : oral sex/cancer risk

SGHOM
10-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Oral sex can increase your chances of developing mouth cancer, say scientists. They say the risk, in comparison to drinking and smoking is small, however.

The researchers thought that maybe a sexually transmitted infection that increases cervical cancer risk could also increase the risk of tumours (tumors) in the mouth.

According to researchers at the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), Lyon, France, the link has been confirmed. They say that oral sex can lead to mouth cancer (tumours).

Over 1600 patients were examined in this study. Patients were from Europe, Canada, Australia, Cuba and the Sudan. These 1600 patients had oral cancer. They were compared to 1700 people without oral cancer.

Patients with oral cancer which contains HPV16 (a strain of the human papilloma virus) were three times more likely to say that they had oral sex (than those without the virus strain).

According to the researchers, cunnilingus and fellatio may infect people's mouths, said the researchers.

A virologist who was involved in the study, Raphael Viscvidi, said that he thinks the study confirms a link between HPV and oral cancer. "This is a major study in terms of size. I think this will convince people.'

Over-indulging in alcohol and smoking is probably responsible for 75-90% of all oral cancers. The two together, drinking alcohol and smoking, produce high levels of cancer causing agents.

A vaccine which could prevent cervical cancer might also work for oral infections, said the researchers.

< back to top

Were doomed......... were all doomed !! :speechles :speechles /Grrr

ANTHONY
10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
That Sucks

Brunty
10-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Corrected!

Over-indulging in alcohol and smoking is probably responsible for 75-90% of all oral sex.

Round these parts you're lucky if a girl puts her alcopop down and her cigarette out before providing oral relief!

:speechles

caishanvr4
10-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Whats cunnylingus :scholar:

SGHOM
10-05-2007, 05:08 PM

Paul..... you have PM. :thinking: :inquisiti

Brunty
10-05-2007, 05:08 PM

In welsh its 'gwaenlythiad' pronounced gweyn-luth-ee-ad.

^Pinched from urbandictionary.com

bernmc
10-05-2007, 06:20 PM
A cunning linguist :huh:

Brunty
10-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Colonel Angus?

Crickle
10-05-2007, 07:09 PM
What a load of rubbish! Oral sex does not give u oral cancer!! Inhaling cig smoked and sucking a radiation pipe might be more effective! jesus, do they ever stop with the rubbish, if we listened to them we'd be scared to breath!

Let alone trying to scare us out of our hobbies ffs! I hate scientists!

BraindG
10-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Let alone trying to scare us out of our hobbies ffs
:inquisiti /woot

westy
10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
scientists suck!

Kieran
11-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, this information well and truly blows!/pan

bernmc
11-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, after reading through this so-called 'research', I am in serious doubt as to it's validity. I propose to validate their data with a new study of my own.

Volunteers required for a strictly scientific investigation. Please submit photo with application...

:leer:

Crickle
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Well, I found this sexy lady just begging to test out your theory,

Please Call her on 1-800 PUKEFEST :inquisiti :happy:

Nick Mann
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
:inquisiti /woot

Lucky blighter!! /pan

Statistics are rubbish aren't they? Three times more likely? So instead of one in a billion, its one in three hundred and thirty million? Well - that's it. A life of celibacy for me! Oh - wait - I'm married! I don't get any now anyway!! /pan :inquisiti

Crickle
11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Awe poor you....lol

Lillywotsername
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Well, I found this sexy lady just begging to test out your theory,

Please Call her on 1-800 PUKEFEST :inquisiti :happy:
How dare you post that photo of me Chrissy... You said you wouldn't show anyone. /Grrr /Grrr /haz

SGHOM
11-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Please Call her on 1-800 PUKEFEST

No answer ?? :thinking: :thinking:

ralliart-type-s
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
I called her but apparently she's got oral cancer!

ralliart-type-s
11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I called her but apparently she's got oral cancer!
she said"mfmfm mfff fmmm mmf?? mfmf!"

ralliart-type-s
11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
/pan /pan /pan oh bugler, i ment to hit edit! sorry!/pan

bernmc
11-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Please not that due to the high risk of developing cancer, I will be the only man involved in the study - I can't justify exposing anyone else to the danger. It's a selfless act on my part, I know... the things I do gor science.

TAR
11-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Please not that due to the high risk of developing cancer, I will be the only man involved in the study - I can't justify exposing anyone else to the danger. It's a selfless act on my part, I know... the things I do gor science.

Surely its the small brown pellets which will make you ill. Baa

Crickle
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM

Ooh, you calling him German?:scholar:

bernmc
13-05-2007, 09:17 AM

Advisory: No sheep will be harmed during this trial...

vr4moose
13-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Oral sex can increase your chances of developing mouth cancer, say scientists. They say the risk, in comparison to drinking and smoking is small, however.

The researchers thought that maybe a sexually transmitted infection that increases cervical cancer risk could also increase the risk of tumours (tumors) in the mouth.

According to researchers at the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), Lyon, France, the link has been confirmed. They say that oral sex can lead to mouth cancer (tumours).

Over 1600 patients were examined in this study. Patients were from Europe, Canada, Australia, Cuba and the Sudan. These 1600 patients had oral cancer. They were compared to 1700 people without oral cancer.

Patients with oral cancer which contains HPV16 (a strain of the human papilloma virus) were three times more likely to say that they had oral sex (than those without the virus strain).

According to the researchers, cunnilingus and fellatio may infect people's mouths, said the researchers.

A virologist who was involved in the study, Raphael Viscvidi, said that he thinks the study confirms a link between HPV and oral cancer. "This is a major study in terms of size. I think this will convince people.'

Over-indulging in alcohol and smoking is probably responsible for 75-90% of all oral cancers. The two together, drinking alcohol and smoking, produce high levels of cancer causing agents.

A vaccine which could prevent cervical cancer might also work for oral infections, said the researchers.

< back to top

Were doomed......... were all doomed !! :speechles :speechles /Grrr that has just Blown me away...