PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello all...

Atik
10-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Just saying a big hello to you all. I recently bought myself a 1999 Galant GLS (not a VR4 unfortunately) automatic estate and am loving driving it.

Previously owned a 2002 Corolla (from brand new), but needed a bigger vehicle for work - need to carry all my tools and things so an estate it was. I've had the car a couple of months now and the only issue I have is the warped brakes. Been reading up a bit on it, and will continue to search and read up more.

I want to change my steering wheel at some point too as it is very bald now. But I want to keep the cruise control stalk and been advised by a local garage that if I change to an aftermarket wheel, I'd lose the cruise controls. Again, I will be reading through the forums to pick up info and tips on maintaining the car, but I can say for sure, I'll be getting a VR4 in a year or two. Loving the Galant (and Legnums).

Anyway, see you all round.
atikali2000

Brunty
10-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Hiya,

Welcome to the site - tonnes of useful info here for all 8g Galants - ENJOY!

TAR
10-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to clubvr4.

A very friendly, if slightly odd, group of people frequent this forum and many own the regular Galants so you are more than welcome. I'm sure that answers to your questions are only a thread away.:happy:

g6acb
10-05-2007, 10:40 PM
/Welcome As said plenty of info here, and not just for VR-4's!

There is no doubt that the GLS, especially in estate form, does hammer its brakes - although garages throw words like 'warped' around when its not always the case - not cleaning the face of the hub carrier of every last speck of muck/rust or 'sticky guide pin' syndrome as well as pad deposits on the disks can contribute to the GLS wobbly brake bug-bear

Depending on what wheel you have now ... If you were after a like-for like replacement of your wheel, then I would be able to help on an exchange basis with a decent condition one from my old GLS - I say exchange as I could really do with something to steer it back into the garage with!!!