PDA

View Full Version : Altezza Lights

colVR4
11-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Does anybody have these fitted? Does anybody know whether they would fit the post facelift Galant?

http://www.matrixracing.com/browse_item_details.asp?Item_ID=4362

Nick Mann
11-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Zedy's got 'em. But I don't know if they are this exact model. What happens about the indicator looking red?

Mirko
28-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Cheers!

Well, very nice lights! But here in Germany it´s a problem with those turn lights. It´s not allowed and if the police see that, they can freeze your car!
What´s about the UK? Are you allowed to have red turn lights?

ritch_w
29-02-2004, 11:04 AM
nice pics of your car Mirko - what year is your car?

ritch_w
29-02-2004, 11:06 AM
nice pics of your car Mirko - what year is your car?

#
doh!! just read yor signature

:dozey:

MOD
04-04-2004, 07:23 PM
HI all

I looked at those lights and the only thing that worried me, was the fact that the indicator looks red. Compare that to all these clios that go round, which have yellow lights!!! There is a place in Manchester that sells american cars and they all have red lights as indicators, so surley it cant be illegal!!!! Anyone want to clear this up????

Mirko
04-04-2004, 07:47 PM
In Germany red repeaters are only allowed at cars that have been from the USA and if there are no lights available with yellow repeaters.
So if you import a car from the USA you have to change the red repeaters into yellow.
But that´s in Germay.

And if you get some Altezzas with red repeaters you´ll pay at the police check and have to remove them.

nick-f1
04-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Hi all, in my understanding red turn lights are illegal in the uk. But having said that american cars ( brand new) are ok for three years,,,,, but come MOT time thats when they have to be changed. I,ve got a few friends who run yanks and they change theirs to get them thru the mot test, then change back. There was a bit of a purge when the law changed a couple of years back but its easier now, depends on the local plods. But amber ride lights at the front a definite no-no. Don't know if this helps any.

cheers
Nick. :thinking:

Big Ian
05-04-2004, 01:30 AM
why not just ask zedy if he has had problems with the fuzz or if he has modded his so they show orange?
(or if you see this thread zedy can you answer?)