PDA

View Full Version : Update on my key fob problem

rab
11-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Success !

Using the procedure with the ignition switched on worked first time for all the key fobs although I think I'll renew the batteries ( CR 2032 ) in them quite soon as some of the fobs probably still have the original battery fitted.

The money I saved from not having to visit the dealer has now been wisely invested in the membership of this club.

Thanks for everyone's input and also the warm welcome to the club.

My next mission is to fix that "blinking" clock which has bugged me since the day I bought the car.

Again I have found info on this site on the procedure to remove the clock and will now renew my efforts having been too timid to use force in the past because I wasn't sure how it was held in place.

Not sure if this is the right forum so let me know if I should be posting somewhere else.

BraindG
11-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Good to hear you solved you problem, and thank you for supporting CVR4.

Regarding the clock, perhaps this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12707) will help?

Kieran
11-05-2007, 11:13 PM
:happy: Excellent - glad you've got it sorted, and thankyou for your support of the Club! :afro:

Regarding your second problem.... The clock in it's own timezone is well known - Barry's linked to the article that should help you.:scholar:

Don't forget to check out the discount pages, the discount you get on Amsoil alone pays for a years membership! It's expensive stuff, but I don't think you'll find a bad word said about it on here.

All that's left is to point you to the club library and the articles section in general.... LOTS of helpful stuff and a good deal of it is applicable to the V6 and GLS as well as the VR-4.:happy:

rab
11-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Cheers,

Looks like the wife's going to be a computer widow for the next few nights while I trawl through all this information.

g6acb
11-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Success !

/GJ....

gls-wagon
12-05-2007, 05:26 PM
brilliant!

One of our fobs needed a new battery which we bought but then it wouldnt work anymore the search showed me the two button process, now we have 2 working fobs!

awesome