PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

Kitten
13-05-2007, 06:23 AM
My name's Jasmine, I currently own a 1992 Mitsi Galant Viento V6. My cars done me well, but looking for something a bit more, still with space for my dogs. So in a few months time will be looking at an 8g VR4 :D Was originally thinking of going MR2 turbo, however need the space as do a lot of canine related events.

So watch this space :)

bradc
13-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Hey, nice to meet you. I can vouch that Legnums are good for carrying dogs in the back, do you have anything in particular in mind when looking for a VR-4? Colour, manual or auto, leather or not, etc?

Kitten
13-05-2007, 07:02 AM
I have never really liked station wagons, so will go sedan.

Definitely manual, never owned an auto in my life. Been brought up in a rallying family, and only just driven an auto recently. Lazy car I say!

As for the rest, I don't care as long as it's tidy, under 100,000 kms, and goes well. Hehe

bradc
13-05-2007, 07:04 AM
I would have thought a Legnum would have been the first choice for carrying dogs around :)

The Galants are a little rarer and it might take a while to find a nice manual one. Check out the thread VR4 R for sale again, it is quite a nice manual car, but he wants a bit too much for it at the moment.

Kitten
13-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I want one more for my taste. Hehe. I never liked looks of station wagons, or hatchbacks. Sedans have always been my thing. My car is going to be something of a show pony I guess, finally have something worthwhile to show up to my car club in! Hehe.

It won't be for a few months tho, there's a couple I have my eye on in TM. One in particular a 98 (I think it was) which had done 68000km for $14k. Too bad I can't get one yet! Got my mechanically minded friend to have a look when I get round to it tho fortunately.

As for time, I'm not rushing anything. My car does the job at the moment :)

djb160
15-05-2007, 11:30 PM
It all depends on the scale of the canine, my smallest one for example could fit in the glove box.

Kitten
15-05-2007, 11:36 PM
It all depends on the scale of the canine, my smallest one for example could fit in the glove box.

I've got a Whippet and a Border Collie, both of large size for their breed. I don't think they'd fit in my glove box

djb160
15-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Nah you'd have to really stuff them in there and they'd probably not appreciate it too much :D

Nevman
16-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I want one more for my taste. Hehe. I never liked looks of station wagons, or hatchbacks. Sedans have always been my thing.

I know exactly what you mean. Before buying my current VR4, I've been looking at two station wagons but when I've found my sedan, I just knew that's the one! :evilgrin:
Hope you'll make a good choice but finding manual sedan will be extremely difficult. Maybe import to order?

Kitten
16-05-2007, 12:44 AM
I know exactly what you mean. Before buying my current VR4, I've been looking at two station wagons but when I've found my sedan, I just knew that's the one! :evilgrin:
Hope you'll make a good choice but finding manual sedan will be extremely difficult. Maybe import to order?

I haven't seen a shortage of manual VR4s for sale here in NZ :)

bradc
16-05-2007, 01:58 AM
I've got a Border Collie, he would fit straight into the glovebox, but then he's only a few months old :D

d i c k i e s
16-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Get a legnum... Theyre just as good as a sedan, but with alot more room... you dont have to put them in the boot where they cant see you... where as in a legnum it has that open boot space... your also able to fold down the back chairs. so its alot more room for the dogs.

Kitten
16-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Get a legnum... Theyre just as good as a sedan, but with alot more room... you dont have to put them in the boot where they cant see you... where as in a legnum it has that open boot space... your also able to fold down the back chairs. so its alot more room for the dogs.

As mentioned before, I don't like the look of station wagons.

And there's no way my dogs go in the boot...that's what the back seat is for.

I am pretty much a female living on my own, I don't need a big family car. Just a sedan is enough for me :)

Gly
16-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Rule #1 of Club VR-4

Beware of Brad

Rule #2 of Club VR-4

REALLY beware of Brad.

If you not in a long term relationship, he will try **** you wether you male OR female

and Welcome to the club :P

Kitten
16-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Rule #1 of Club VR-4

Beware of Brad

Rule #2 of Club VR-4

REALLY beware of Brad.

If you not in a long term relationship, he will try **** you wether you male OR female

and Welcome to the club :P

Haha, will keep that in mind :P

Was it you who invited me here from the TGC?

bradc
16-05-2007, 05:58 AM
no I won't, she doesn't like wagons :)

Kitten
16-05-2007, 06:00 AM
no I won't, she doesn't like wagons :)

Looks like I'm safe then XD

Kenneth
16-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Looks like I'm safe then XD

You are forgetting Rule #1

Welcome to the Club btw :)

Gly
16-05-2007, 06:07 AM
LOL,

yes it was.

brads the only nz'er you need to watch out for...
the rest of use are friendly bunch :D

Joanne
16-05-2007, 07:25 AM
I was wondering how long it would take for Bard warnings to be issued... in fact it's the first thing I thought of when I saw another NZ female on the forum!!

Welcome Kitten :D

Nevman
16-05-2007, 08:06 AM
I haven't seen a shortage of manual VR4s for sale here in NZ :)
/pan NZ, Right... I'll take it back then /pan

Lillywotsername
16-05-2007, 08:22 AM
/Welcome Kitten... Nice to see another lady on the forums.

Nick VR4
16-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi and /Welcome2 good luck looking