How much are they?:thinking:

Where can i get them from?:thinking:

stuartturbo
13-05-2007, 11:13 AM
If you can get them carbontech
so far they are way better than what was on mine previously

rayray24
13-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Cool. I'll have a look around little NZ to see if anyone has them. How much did you pay?? (I'll just times it by 3)

stuartturbo
13-05-2007, 11:21 AM
front for the pre where £100 but seem worth it well raved about on the MLR

rayray24
13-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Nice. Thanks for the info.

CANDEE
13-05-2007, 09:24 PM
You could go EBC... You can get them from Maclennans in town.. :) Or Raod & Track in the Hutt :)

VR4 MAD
14-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Cool. I'll have a look around little NZ to see if anyone has them.

Ray, those 'CarbonTech' are UK made and mostly likely not available here. Do let me know if you do find a local source though, as I'd be really keen, as long as they aren't too pricey.

I've been thinking of ordering a set from the UK (maybe via one of our UK members). Quite a few people speak very highly of them.

Would you be interested in a set from the UK if we could get a NZ group buy? Save on shipping etc.............:pimp2:

Let me know what you think.

/toycar

rayray24
14-05-2007, 08:02 AM
You can get them from Maclennans in town

I thought they closed down....? We don't really have much to choose from in welly for performace shops aye, sux./pan

As for a group buy i would be keen as (but how many people want to join in) But by the looks $300+ for just the front.......jeeez i don't know :thinking:

I'm going on the hunt this weekend to see what i can find.

Kieran
14-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Ray, those 'CarbonTech' are UK made and mostly likely not available here.

They're actually US based. Their website is here, might be worth contacting them to see if there's a dealer in your area?

If not, you could always drop 'Thetyrant' a private message. He's our supplier.

CANDEE
14-05-2007, 09:39 AM
I thought they closed down....? We don't really have much to choose from in welly for performace shops aye, sux./pan

As for a group buy i would be keen as (but how many people want to join in) But by the looks $300+ for just the front.......jeeez i don't know :thinking:

I'm going on the hunt this weekend to see what i can find.

They are still in the same place... I think they have to order them in though...

You could try NZ performance in chch www.nzperformance.co.nz and see how much it would be in comparison. Red Stuffs for the Leggies is $215 up front.. :)

Subaru ETA
15-05-2007, 08:31 AM
if you get ebc's sand the coating off! otherways they squeek there balls off

Davezj
15-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I noticed that when i watched a subaru team prep a WRC car they scraped off the coating off the back of the pad before fitting. i presume it is to aid piston to metal concact to get better braking response, no give. but wouldn't make the squeek even more, unless you use some kind of shims.

CANDEE
15-05-2007, 09:31 PM
if you get ebc's sand the coating off! otherways they squeek there balls off

What do you mean by sanding the coating off??

Nick Mann
15-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I have just finished killing a set of Pagid Blues. Whilst I would recommend them, I don't want to spend that kind of money at the moment. I have standard Ferodo pads at the back, with OMP group N discs and pads at the front. At the moment I have Brembo squeel by the bucket load, but I'll let you know after Japfest how good they actually are!

Subaru ETA
16-05-2007, 07:44 AM
ebc pads have a special coating in the friction surface to aid in beading in..however this only works if you are also fitting ebc rotors which have another coating on them. so if you leave the coating on non ebc rotors they squeek there balls off

MPBVr4
16-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I've tried Carbotechs with the Brembos, fantastic stopping power but couldn't live with the squeal. Have now got Mintex on. Great for road use, low dust and
and cheap at about £24 + P&C. However, I'm going to put the Carbotechs back
in for Japfest to see if some real abuse will cure the squeal.

stuartturbo
16-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I've tried Carbotechs with the Brembos, fantastic stopping power but couldn't live with the squeal. Have now got Mintex on. Great for road use, low dust and
I dont get squeel but they are now going to prove me wrong on friday

psbarham
16-05-2007, 07:55 PM
i reckon its coz you bedded them in like a big 'ole pansey /pan , give them some hell and they should be quiet , mine have never made a sound apart from a bit of gravel that decided it was an anti squeal shim :inquisiti