PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned car

pitslayer
14-05-2007, 03:44 PM
done cleaning car now, taking a long time, but i think its up to spec, and of course it being in the best colour ever for a galant, it looks damn good
and for anyone who cant guess what the first pic is, yes that is the underside of my bonnet, a picture which should make kieran have dreams which are less than dry lol and the rest of the engine bay is mostly like this.....now hopefully the pictures have resized through photobucket, like i told it to.

MPBVr4
14-05-2007, 04:15 PM
mmmmm Shiny Silver:curtain:

pitslayer
14-05-2007, 04:24 PM
well it is the best colour as im sure you know lol
i must add these reflection shots werent taken in any form of sunlight, its parked up against a building

and you can just see my uncles GTO which i also did earlier with the clay

White Lightning
14-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Looks good. I recognised the first picture as I just spent three hours last night t-cutting the underside of my bonnet ... and I then it's now up to Kieran's standards ... :happy:

pitslayer
14-05-2007, 04:41 PM
yeh there a pain in the rectum to polish arent they....surely a white car(no this isnt a silvers better thanwhite comment) is going to be harder to polish inthe engine bay than a silver, mine had like traffic film and engine bay mess as i call it, all around there, and the strut tops.....its like a black really hard contaminent on your paint that takes about 6 years to t cut out, you got a pic your engine bay now its been done? shiney engine bays are cool....although i bet kieran takes his engine out to clean in hisengine bay, then wraps everything in a giant condom to stop it getting dirty

White Lightning
14-05-2007, 04:46 PM
I haven't finished the whole engine bay yet. Planning on finishing it tonight. But I will take a photo of the underside of the bonnet when I get home. Yes, it was a bit of a pain to clean but well worth it. The paintwork was actually nearly black with grime but now it's bright white and came up like new ... :happy:

pitslayer
14-05-2007, 05:42 PM
same as mine, i found the easiest way was to get a tube of G3 cutting compound its a bit expensive but it wipes it all off.....btw i hope you have your swearbox at the ready, the pipes and clips at the back of the engine bay rip buggery out of your fingers

Beastlee
14-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Clean the engine bay? I wish I had time to apply the second layer of polish twice a year!

g6acb
14-05-2007, 08:55 PM
^
What he said (apart from the 2nd layer bit)

i must add these reflection shots werent taken in any form of sunlight

WTF?

And we all know that silver is lagging far behind Meister Blue :scholar:

psbarham
14-05-2007, 09:21 PM
And we all know that silver is lagging far behind Meister Blue :scholar:

:iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: /notworthy /notworthy /notworthy /notworthy /notworthy /notworthy /notworthy

pitslayer
15-05-2007, 02:08 AM
blue is a mediocre colour, look at my badly spelled signature, it does not lie ;)