PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new with questions

hagland2431
14-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi Im looking to buy a galant, could you tell me what the most powerfull model is, is it the 2.5 V6 VR-4 if so how does this compare to a Subaru Legacy GT with the 2.0 litre Boxer 2 stage twin turbo 280bhp thanks very much, hope someone can answer this coz the galant looks much better.

also what is the MPG on the VR-4

Nick Mann
14-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Hello and welcome! Expect below 20mpg on the VR4. More can be got, but not if you drive it properly! :P (You know who you are!!)

Read this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17366) for a bit of a comparison between the legacy. I think people who have owned both say the VR4 is a better car, but only if the money factor doesn't come into it! Apologies for the general argumentativeness of the thread I have linked to. It is not typical of our club.

Check out our events section and come and see us at a show. We'll tell you all about the VR4 then!

TAR
14-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to ClubVR-4.

If you haven't already found the buyers guide, have a look here (http://www.clubvr4.com/index.php?page=BuyersGuide)

The prices might be a little out of date but the advice is good.

IMHO the VR-4 is a much better looking car and I think a little better performance, but I might be a little biased!! :evilgrin:

hagland2431
14-05-2007, 10:55 PM
So what Galant/Legnum has the most BHP and what is the 0-60, if I am going to buy one it needs to be the top of the range model, also what toys does it have ie: electric folding mirrors, electric seats, digi aircon etc

I have a Honda Prelude 2.2 SI VTEC BB4 lightweight version with LSD and has 200bhp with a 0-60 of 6.2 - 6.4

Nick Mann
14-05-2007, 11:03 PM
VR4, facelift auto or manual. 280 bhp standard. Normal toys include climate control, electric heated/folding mirrors, four electric windows. Some have Recaros or leather interior. Some have MMCS (do a search!!). There are different versions of bodykit, depending on which spec VR4 you buy, but they are all fundamentally the same car. AYC is not available on all cars, but some would rather have a car without it. Most have a high-vis dash. There are UK galants with electric seats, but I'm not aware that any VR4's had this option.

Standard 0-60 is just over 6.0 seconds. It is easy to get into the mid/low 5's with some mods. More mods will get you into the high 4's. Look for the g-tech thread!

Remember the VR4 is not a light car. Around 1600kgs for a saloon with no passengers. It is a fast, flexible, comfortable cruiser that can be incredibly rapid when you want it to be.

bradc
15-05-2007, 01:06 AM
26-28mpg should be possible on a nice long motorway cruise :)

They are faster than Legacy GT's, especially in the midrange where the legacy changes from one turbo to the other. As Nick said, simply mods like upping the boost, and an exhaust can easily get the time down into the low 5's.

The specs are mostly similar, especially if you are looking at a UK-new car, have a look at Brunty's car, it is a typical UK spec saloon that is for sale at the moment.

Nick Mann
15-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Expect below 20mpg on the VR4. More can be got, but not if you drive it properly!

26-28mpg should be possible on a nice long motorway cruise :)

:P:P:P:P /pan/pan /rally /rally :afro: /rally :evilgrin:

bradc
15-05-2007, 07:32 PM
and over 30 is possible :P

djb160
15-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Not sure about the subbies but our drivers door has the window controls that will automatically wind down all 4 windows as opposed to having to hold your finger(s) down on 3 of them. Also we have cool wee lights above the rear passangers. For better or worse, depending on your flavour, no boxer engine??

Nevman
16-05-2007, 12:33 AM
and over 30 is possible :P

If you drop it from the cliff maybe :evilgrin:

White Lightning
16-05-2007, 08:26 AM
If you drop it from the cliff maybe :evilgrin:

I have managed 30.2 mpg on a trip from Cornwall to Bracknell ... :scholar:

But I do average 17mpg at the moment around town. tbh, the fuel consumption depends so much on the type of journeys you do and how you drive. Expect anything from around 14mpg to 30mpg. But just under 20mpg seems to be typical in the UK.

Nevman
16-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah :happy:

Mine typical is around 20 but my right foot hurts when it's in the air too long /Devil5 . I am going on 1000miles trip shortly and I wonder what the consumption will be then.