PDA

View Full Version : Child restraint points in Leggies?

GrantC
16-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Does anyone know if the Legnum has child restrant points in the floor or do they have them behind the rear seats. Had to ask as it's a sticking point for my better half She hasn't decided on a Legggie or a Galant all depends on how much space we can use for storage/shopping and all the trappings of familly life I prefer the Leggie but she know's best /pan

BTW haven't seen any Legnum's or Galants in the flesh here in Australia:inquisiti

Throbbe
16-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Not on my facelift, which nearly put me off buying.

Seats are quite pluch too, which makes fitting a non-ISOFIX a pain. I'm happy that my daughter is safe, but the sight of a 100kg adult trying to balance on top of child seat to force it down probably amused my neighbours no end.

On the plus side, you can lock the seatbelt ratchet, so it's easy to get a secure fix, as long as you can force the seat down enough.

AderC
16-05-2007, 09:12 PM
We spent ages trying every infant seat we could find, the only one that fitted the leggy properly was the Chicco Shuttle (http://uk.shopping.com/xPF-Chicco-Shuttle) and even then it was using the alternative fitting method shown in the manual so as to avoid "buckle crunch". Not sure about availability in Oz though.

aDe

snickells
17-05-2007, 05:10 AM
GrantC, the ADR's (Australian Design Regulations) will differ from design standards overseas. A child restraint MUST be affixed to a flat stable non moving component i.e. : the floor/roof/parcel tray. Not the back of a folding seat. Unless these guys have lived in or worked on cars in Australia im not sure they can give you the answers you need.

Steve.

GrantC
17-05-2007, 09:10 AM
I noticed the 2000 model has the fittings on the floor just behind the rear seats:inquisiti

snickells
17-05-2007, 11:33 AM
HAHA! dude, just go and see the car in oakleigh. Youll get ALL your answers there.