PDA

View Full Version : How much brake fluid?

Throbbe
16-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Just a quicky. Thinking I might as well do a full flush when I fit the brembos, as i don't know when the fluid was last changed.

How much will I need to flush the whole lot through. I'll be bleeding enough off to almost empty the reservoir, so shouldn't get too much mixing.

Nick Mann
16-05-2007, 01:28 PM
It's been a while since I did it, but I think it was less than 1 litre.

AncientOfMu
16-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Get yourself some Amsoil Super Blue Racing brake fluid and it will be very easy to see when they are bled properly.

To do a full flush I would think just over a litre.

And my brakes have been bled an awful lot recently :).

White Lightning
16-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Get yourself some Amsoil Super Blue Racing brake fluid and it will be very easy to see when they are bled properly.

To do a full flush I would think just over a litre.

And my brakes have been bled an awful lot recently :).

Agreed. I flushed mine with Amsoil Super Blue and I used just over a litre. Best to get 2 litres ... /yes

BraindG
16-05-2007, 02:02 PM
i bought a 1ltr bottle, spilt loads everywhere - but still have quite a bit remaing in my bottle.

Throbbe
16-05-2007, 04:36 PM
So, applying Sods Law to the above suggests I will need exactly 1.01 litres and will therefore have an opened and almost full container that I need to throw away! I've refurbed the Brembos, so need to fill them up again, so probably wise to get 2 litres.

Was going to go for RBF600, but I'm assuming from the responses that the Amsoil stuff gets a thumbs up.

Cheers for the responses all. Just need a dry day and some free time now. Anyone know where I can source either of those?

amsoil
16-05-2007, 10:08 PM
If you look at my sig. you will be able to find it (under performance products) Its not by Amsoil but by ATE, one of the largest brake manufactures in the world and is top stuff. We sell it cheaper than anyone else (do tell me if I am wrong) and sell it because we belive it is the best; just like the oil Amsoil, and a few other bits and pieces. How much you need depends upon how far your pistons are in if you think about it. And no you wont need to buzz the opened can as its the most moisture resistant brake fluid around; good for 3 years and race worthy.

Kieran
17-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Ah, so it's not a 'throwaway unused once seal broken' fluid then Don?

Throbbe
17-05-2007, 02:14 AM
Cheers muchly Don. Based on a bit of research the ATE was a close second, so you'll have an order pretty soon.

amsoil
17-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Defo not...., but do yourself a favour and screw the lid back on afterwards!

Ah, so it's not a 'throwaway unused once seal broken' fluid then Don?