PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Sheffield

gazberwick
17-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi just a quick note...im getting a legnum vr4 on saturday from ebony and ivory in s****horpe...my current car is a ford mundano estate....my last car (which i still have with a blown motor) is a jdm wrx....the one before was a jdm mr2 turbo...before that a celica gt4 and before that a cossie (saphire) and before that a 1960 land rover...with umpteen differnt "normal" cars in between!! oh and i also have a toyota surf 4x4 aswell...

well im sure ill be back on here soon.

Cheers

Gaza.

Lillywotsername
17-05-2007, 07:41 PM
/Welcome Gaza..... Hope all goes well with getting the leggie.
Post some pics up when you get a chance so we can all have a look. :)

Nick VR4
17-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 and congrats on the new arrival

£20 is well worth it to join the club :D

Maggie
17-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the madhouse Gaz. :afro:
Where abouts in sheffield are you ? I'm woodseats. :pimp2:

SGHOM aka Derek.

gazberwick
18-05-2007, 12:12 AM
I live in Eckington... until recently i used to go through woodseats every day as i worked on edgedale road off abbydale road but now i work in rotherham...whereabouts in woodseats?

Maggie
18-05-2007, 12:15 AM
whereabouts in woodseats?

usually in the abbey !! :5shots: :5shots: /drinkswine

Derek.

gazberwick
28-05-2007, 01:16 PM
well ipicked up my car...its a p plate legnum VR4 think a 97' im kinda happy with it but i fond the 4th gear rumble on the way home...waited to see if it would dissapear as the dealers say they gave it a full fluid service along with a 300 quid cambelt change. i also noticed that the speedo is very erratic...it wasnt on the test drive so i presume this is the speedo converter not doin what it should...a call to them confirmed this...waiting for them to call me as they say they need to get it on order....does anyone have any exp with Ebony and Ivory in sunnyscunny....forum doesnt seem to like the word scun thorpe!!

Gaz.

Beastlee
28-05-2007, 01:45 PM
My friend bought his FTO there. I lived in Lincoln for a long time and they were the nearest import guys around. There are varying stories about them but they are expensive. I was reading one or two of their adverts and they don't always sem to knwo what they are talking about.
His car has had a number of faults but that doesn't necessarily reflect the garage but I would be worried about any odd noises etc on a car I just picked up. Get them to sort anything as soon as possible under warranty. I was unfortunate that I bought privately but fortunate that it didn't cost much to fix.

MarkSanne
28-05-2007, 09:37 PM
first of all: welcome!

second: seeing your car-history... hope you'll hang on to the Legnum longer than your other cars!! (you do know that when something's broke it can be fixed right?! :d )

gazberwick
30-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Well i can see what your getting at... i have a bit of a history of buying car...then spending some ccash on a few choice mods and then driving it untill something else takes my fancy......apart form the series 2 land rover...that was well written off by a nob in an xr3! well actually the cossie was a bit of a loss....i put 100's into a supersized monster turbo with other mods inc forged internals then i had it all mapped by a well known known rolloing road speciaist....ony to find three weeks later that i had serious fueling problems from a very bad re-map......det and and huge boost ment i might aswell had chocolate pistons...bang...tried to get well known tuner to rectify but fell foul of a ery limited liability and only regained the remap fee as a goodwill gesture!!! tried to ell me i had perhaps either ran the wrong grade fuel or made an adjustment somewhere myself???.....sine then i kinda stuck to jap stuff....dunno why....i suppose i feel the people who own jdm cars a friendlier and share help and info more than others....dunno if anyone else thinks this?:inquisiti

well ill let u know if this company sorts me out...i'd like to give them the thumbs up if all goes ok of course.

gaza

gazberwick
30-05-2007, 10:32 PM
i just read my post and realised my spelling is a bit ount....well its mainly missed keystrokes!!!!

MarkSanne
31-05-2007, 07:34 AM
i just read my post and realised my spelling is a bit ount....well its mainly missed keystrokes!!!!

Hahaha, yeah, but it was still easily readable, even for a Dutch bloke :)

About your jap-car-people feelings: I've got that same feeling! Somehow the Mitsu guys (and some gals) from the Mitsu Owners Club here in Holland, are mostly truly nice people. I mean, hardly any of those f*ckup up "I'm in the age of 18-23 and I'm one bad-ass driver", such as we see a lot here around the VW Golf and BMW drivers/clubs.

gazberwick
05-06-2007, 10:22 AM
usually in the abbey !! :5shots: :5shots: /drinkswine

Derek.

your not kidding either ...I past there twice this week in the day and both times i saw a legnum with large side graffix... is that yours?

Gaza.

Nutter_John
05-06-2007, 10:45 AM
yep thats Dereks car , it's should say WRD in big letters

SGHOM
05-06-2007, 03:41 PM
My car is always in the the Abbey car park. that doesn't mean I'm in the pub...... It just lives there. /rally

gazberwick
08-06-2007, 09:01 AM
My car is always in the the Abbey car park. that doesn't mean I'm in the pub...... It just lives there. /rally

Hmm likely story...yeah i noticed the grafix......If you need any more thats my line of work, well im a bit of an allsorts chap i fit kitchens in my spare time as well as rep for an embroidery company and i also do embroidery and vinyl car stickers from home!!

I bit more about me...
I like jap cars

...fast ones

and i have a bit of a fetish for a german racetrack.....usually go 2-3 times a year...bit this year i havent managed to get there, partly because a ford mundano estate doest fit in my mind as a "ring tool" but theres still time in the summer...if not the cash.